The Cool Kid

There is a very large mixed guy that goes to our school. He is really, really tall, Especially to little 5 foot and a half me. He is very light skinned for being half black. In fact I am as dark as him or darker. That is saying alot. I am usuallly called pastey white, although I prefer milky white. He is also very funny and likes to play joke on people. The other day he was messing with Amelia's hair, which is long, think and perfect. He was "braiding" it. More like creating a rat's nest. When Amelia finally got him to stop, several strands of hair had fallen out. She was slightly annoyed and said "See! Look what you did now." He simply replied with "I told you not to go with the cheep weave!" It was quite humerous.

Another episode with him and Amelia occured when she was handing out her senior pictures. He chose the only one where she was unsmiling, just slightly looking calmly at the camera. This wonderful friend of ours told it was model material. Then he told her it looked like she was smoking weed... the good kind. Like the hundred dollar kind... I didn't even know there was a hundred dollar kind.

Yet another story about him comes when Amelia and I decided to attack our Korean friend in the hallway. We pushed her up against the lockers and tied her hoodie sleeves together, pulled up her hood and tied the strings together. I promise it was not bullying, even though it may sound like it. He came out of the classroom, saw us shrieking with laughter and came to the koreans fault. He began beating us with a waterball and shrieking at us to stop. Around this time I happened to glance up and see a middle school girl staring at us from down the hallway. When she noticed I was looking at her she ran away. I suppose she thought she was our next victim. Finally the shrieking and tying and beating ended and the two went back to class. Soon Rae came out into the hallway, know what we had done to the korean. We ran at her to attempt the same thing, but she basically smashed her entire body into her locker and made us go away. Gosh I love Rae so much. She is amazing. If she will be reading this soon, I want to tell her something: I love you very much. You are very special to me. 8th grade was an awesome year. Although we have had our hard times, it's been a great friendship and I hope to continue it.