Chapter 22

Rosalind's POV

I open my eyes to see I am in a small hospital room. I look around and then realize there is a person sitting next to me in a chair. I look at the person that just so happens to be a very smiley Clayton. Just my luck.

"What happened?" I ask him.

"You went into a coma after being attacked by a rogue," he tells me as I look down to see he is holding my hand. I pull my hand away.

"Where's my parents? And Ace?"

"Your dad and Ace are after the rogue that attacked you, your mom was in here last night but she left after I fell asleep."

He stayed in here last night?

"Yea, I slept in this chair and stayed all day today." I look at him, how did he know what I was thinking?

I try to sit up but as I do a sharp pain crawls up my spine. Clay gets up and pushes me so I am laying down again.

"Stop treating me like a kid."
"I'm not." He protests as I roll my eyes at him, my eyes stop when I see a glass of water. I feel as if I was stuck in a desert with no water for over a month! I try to sit up again but Clay pushes me back down and gets the cup of water for me.

I take a sip of it before asking, "Why are you still here? I'm sure you have Alpha stuff to get back to."

"I want to be here to make sure you are okay," he says looking at me with his chocolate eyes.

"Well, clearly I am fine so you can leave."

He shakes his head, "I'm not going anywhere princess."

"Don't. Call. Me. Princess. And I would rather you leave."

"Sorry princess, I'm not leaving."

"Get out." I say glaring at him, he shakes his head no again.

"I'm not leaving my m-" the doctor then walks in and cuts him off. "You're awake!" She asks as her eyes widen before she sniffs the air. Her eyes shoot towards Clayton then back at me, but she doesn't look me in the eyes like she did to Clay. Instead, she looks at my neck.

Oh hell no!

I raise my hand to my neck and feel a mark. I look at Clay, he opens his mouth to say something but I start yelling before he can,

"WHY? WHY WOULD YOU MARK ME!" Anger fills my body as he answers, "It was the only way to save you-"

"I'M SURE THERE WAS A BETTER WAY!"

The doctor then adds into our conversation, "Rosalind, the only way you could live was if you were marked or if you had your wolf, which you clearly don't have yet."

"THAT DOESNT MEAN HE CAN MARK ME!" I say looking at the doctor and back at Clayton. Clay sighs and starts talking,

"Rose, I would have marked you one day anyways so it's not that big of a deal."

"You think you have some sort of control over me or something? God! It's not that big of a deal my ass!" I yell at him, he opens his mouth to explain better but I start yelling again, "What about my mate? Ever think of that! Now I will never be able to have my mate because of you!"

He sets his hand on my shoulder to try to get me to listen but I hit his hand away, "Don't. Touch. Me."

He starts to get angry, "You never let me explain! Rose, you are my mate!"

I freeze, just staring at him.

He can't be my mate. He's fifteen years older than me!

"We're mates." He says calmly as he smiles at me.

"How long have you known?" I ask him, he shrugs his shoulders, "Since the day we first met."

"We're you ever going to tell me!" I yell at him.

I don't know what I'm more mad about; him being my mate, him marking me without my say in it, or him not telling me after all these years.

"Yes, Every day I thought about it."

"Then why didn't you!" I yell annoyed.
"I was going to, but you were to young and wouldn't understand."

I cross my arms over my chest.
Why does he have to be my mate? I would reject him, but he's marked me already.

He looks at me with sad eyes, "You want to reject me?"

"DON'T READ MY THOUGHTS!" I snap at him as I can feel his sadness.

'You don't know how hard it was to be secretly in love with you.' He says in his mind so I can hear it.

"Don't mind message me! Besides, you clearly don't love me as much as a mate should since you left for five years without telling me!" I yell at him and look the other way from him. I just noticed the doctor is not in here anymore, which means I'm stuck in a room alone with him.

I look down at the white blanket that covers my body. "How could you not tell me we are mates? Everything I did, everything that happened I would tell you. You were my best friend, my favorite person, I loved you. And you know what? You left and that love faded."

"Rose, please listen. I had to leave, my wolf wanted you so bad but you were only ten. I tried to get him under control for as long as I could." He pauses, "Don't ever say I don't love you as much I should, I fucking love you with all of me! And you should know that leaving didn't only hurt you, but it hurt me as well."

"Sure don't seem like it hurt you." I say looking at him.

"It hurt me so much that I felt as if I would bleed with the pain of it. I was always so scared of forgetting the texture of your skin, the comfort of your voice and the happiness in your eyes."

When did he get so poetic?
"I'm not being poetic, I'm just telling you the truth."

"Stop that!" I yell at him.

Damn mood swings. Why can't werewolves start to get their wolves without crazy hormones. His voice rang in my head, I don't think he meant for me to hear though.

"Stay out of my mind! How many times do I have to tell you that!" I yell again at him.

He looks down, "I'm sorry I made you hate me so much."

I sigh, "I don't hate you. I just hate that you left without saying bye, and that you didn't tell me that you're my mate." I say honestly.

He gets up out of the chair and sits on the edge of the bed, "You have to forget all about that, because I'm here now and I told you that we are mates."

I shake my head at him, "I can't just forget about that. Besides, I'm also mad that you probably had lots of fun with other girls while you were away."

He growls, "are you kidding me? ever since I first met you the thought of me touching another girl — or even looking at one that isn't you makes me sick to my stomach."

"Really-" I was asking but before I can get what I was going to say out of my mouth Clay kisses me.

I push him off me, "I-I'm sorr-" but then I realize how good it felt to kiss him so I grab him by his shirt and pull him back so our lips connect again before he can say sorry about it.