Chapter Fifteen

I quickly looked around for my friends and I saw them still dancing. Fiona was the closest and I grabbed her from her dance partner. She tried to fly away but when she saw it was me, she stopped struggling.
"Hey Evangeline, isn't this fun!" she said, squealing like a little girl.
"Snap out of it Fiona. You have poison in you, remember elves special prisons, you've got to know about them."
"What your cra-" Fiona stopped suddenly as if remembering something and then looked around.
"How long do you think we've been there?" Fiona asked, looking around worryingly.
"You're back!" I said happy that someone could see what was going on, "Okay you get Nia and I'll get Jasper." I found him at the food table eating away.
"Jasper," I said, picking him up and making him look at me, "You have poison in you! Wake up!"
Jasper did the same thing as Fiona did and looked around confused.
"We have to get out of here quickly," Nia said, as she and Fiona came up to us.
"One second," I told them, looking at the man in the corner, "I have to save him."
I handed Jasper to Nia and walked over to him.
"Hey I know you don't know me, but you have to believe me, you have poison running around you." I looked him in the eye and he stopped dancing in his corner and looked around.
"Wallace, my name is Wallace," he told me looking back at me, "And we have to get out of here now, they know we're all awake." He pointed at something behind me and I saw that elves surrounded my friends and more were coming to us. Their teeth were bared and looked even sharper than they did before. Their eyes were red like I had seen Fredrick's and their nails where long and sharp. I could just imagine those nails pulling at my hair and pushing me all over the place like the mermaids did.
"Come on," Wallace said, pulling me to the door of the dance room. I looked over at Fiona, Nia, and Jasper and saw that they were doing the same thing as us. Nia looked like she was half cat and half human by now. Her teeth were sharp and she had claws like a cat. Whenever an elf would get near them she would slap them away like insects. We finally both made it to the door when I heard a scream. I turned around and saw that Nia was stuck fighting off the elves. They were climbing all over her with their claws and I saw blood oozing from scratches they had made.
"Let's get out of here," Wallace said, obviously wanting to escape this trap.
"No," I said pulling my arm out of his, "She saved my life and now I will save hers."
I ran away before Wallace could protest. Nia was in the middle of the crowd of elves. I ran to her, ignoring the elves that clawed at me, ripping my clothes. I finally came to Nia. She was put onto the ground. The elves were all over her, attacking her everywhere. For a second, I forgot I was in a battle and looked at Nia. Why had I put her in danger? She didn't need to be on this quest, none of them did, only I did. Suddenly, pain shot up my back and I hit the ground.
"No!" I shouted out, pure anger rising out of me. These creatures had no right to hurt anyone else.
"NO!" I shouted louder and then everything became silent. All around me I saw the elves fly backwards as if an invisible hand pushed them all back. I saw Nia still on the ground in bad shape. She had changed into her cat form to claw of the elves, luckily it would be easier to carry her. I got up and ran to her, picked her up, and ran to my friends. They all looked at me with surprised looks.
"Let's go," I said through clenched teeth, while we opened the door. We burst out of the building into the blinding daylight. We ran as fast as we could towards the end of town. Behind us I heard the stomp of little feet chasing us. We were almost at the end of the town when I heard Fredrick yell, "YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS EVANGELINE!"