Chapter 11

John Merriman had been gone for two weeks and Allie had counted the days until he would come back. Allie missed her father. She knew that he missed her too.
"Allie, are you alright?" Macy asked as set down the copy of Oliver Twist that she was reading. Allie felt bad be she had not told Macy about her unexpected engagement to Morgan. She could not find to words to tell her friend, well, that she was right. Allie had always had a hard time admitting that she was wrong and now was probably the hardest thing that she had ever admit that she was wrong about.
"Yes, I am fine. I just miss my Papa," Allie said half truthfully. Really she missed Morgan, she missed his presence since he left a few days after her father. Although she knew it would be improper for them to be living in the same house, but she all the same wished he was there to be with her.
"Come on, Allie you can tell me anything. Oh and congratulations," Macy smiled, her gray eyes twinkling.
"On what?"
"Your engagement to Morgan! Really, you thought you could keep that a secret!" Macy giggled at her friend.
"How did you find out?" Allie could feel her cheeks brighten.
"I am magic," Macy motioned her hands as if she was to cast a curse.
"No really, how did you find out," Allie laughed.
"I heard you talking to your Papa about the engagement," Macy smiled as if she was proud of her work. Ahh, yes, that was just like Macy. Allie thought to herself.

"Papa, Morgan proposed," Allie whispered as she and her father walked through the garden she was just in with Morgan.
"What did you say?" John smiled down at his daughter. Allie thought a moment before her one word answer," Yes."
"Are you happy, my dear, are you?" John asked after her short hesitation.
"Well, I think I will be happy as Morgan's wife, but I just don't know if I am ready. I have not known him for that long and what if I am not what he wants for a wife," one stray tear fell down Allie's cheek.
"Allie, you should have heard him as he asked if he had my permission. I could tell that he really does love you," John smiled at the girl that he had raised, but now here she was in a ball gown, pondering the thought of marriage. She was not a young girl anymore, she was a woman.
"Yes," Allie abruptly said, wiping the tears away the tears and placing a smile in her face."I am engaged!"

"Macy, I am engaged!" Allie broke into a grin.
"I knew that you two would be perfect of each other!" Macy said.
----
Hey all the people reading Allie's Heart! I am really sorry that I did update last week. If you follow my wattpad account you would all ready know, but I had lots of school work this past week. So I am going to rewrite chapter 9 of this book so check that out and yeah!!