Chapter 4

A Thug's Only Love: Chapter 4

~August 10th~
~Saturday~
~Chanelle P.O.V.~

It was Lexis. Every thought I had going on in my head came to a stop. He looked amazing. He had on a white button down shirt with the first few buttons unbuttoned, black true religion jeans and some white air force ones. To top it off he had on a Bull's snapback and a Cuban gold chain that hung loosely around his neck.

"Uh hello? Nelle?" He said as he waved his hand in front of my face. I quickly looked up and caught his eyes.

"I'm sorry; Hey." I said quietly. A smirk appeared on his face.

"You must of liked what you saw, 'cause you're mad blushin' now Ma." I grabbed my cheeks and pulled my head down so he wouldn't see me blushing. I felt his arms wrap around me in a warm embrace.

"So what are you doing here?" I asked as I pulled away from the hug.

"Wanted to know if you wanted to come hang with me today."

"Uhh sure, let me get my phone." I quickly jogged back up the stairs, I am constantly running up and down these damn stairs, holy shit. I looked in the mirror once I got back to my room and decided to just let my hair hang all wavy down my back and changed into some shorts. When I felt content with how I looked I grabbed my phone and made my way back downstairs.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Yup." I said. I walked to the drive way to see a black Audi.

"Whoa, is that your car?"

"Yeah, you like it?" He said with a small laugh.

"I love it, its chill." We got in and he pulled out of the drive way.

~Lexis P.O.V. ~

I wanted to hang with Arlie but I wanted him to meet Nelle. She was laid back and seemed like she would do fine with the gang.

"So Nelle...what a nigga got to do to make you his?" I asked as we were cruising down the block.

"Um that depends on who the nigga is."

"What if it was me?"

"Don't need to do anything 'cause you're not gonna get me." Really now?

"Why?" I rose an eyebrow while I quickly took a glance at her from the corner of my eye.

"You're with a gang and I don't wanna get involved in all that."

"Well Chanelle-"

"Yes?"

"I'm not gonna stop tryin' to make you mine. I like you a lot and I know it hasn't even been a full day but you got me thinkin' about you all the time. Give me a chance is all I'm askin' Chanelle."

"I didn't think you liked me. To be honest, I liked you too-"

"I already knew that." I said with a smirk.

"Bullshit. Anyways, as much as I want to give you a chance, I just don't think it would work out with us." I simply nodded my head and continued on with paying attention to the road. The rest of the car ride was silent. One thing is for sure. I'm not gonna stop trying to make her mine.

~August 17th~
~Saturday~
~Chanelle P.O.V.~

For the past week, I have been hanging out with Lexis and his friends. I am head over heels for Lexis but I am constantly reminding myself there is nothing more than a friendship with him. His friends are so funny too. There was Arlie, Marcus, BV, who was my brother's best friend, Vince, Javier, and Alvaro. I've spent so much time with them except for my bro because he is in Chicago with BV for something basketball related. So we've all just been kickin' it at each other houses and every now and again they would pass around a joint. I didn't smoke so I never took a hit.

"Hey man, what's good?" I heard Arlie say as he dapped some guy I haven't seen before. Well, once I looked at him a little more he looked kind of familiar. He was kinda tall, short but not so short brown hair, but he didn't give off such a welcoming vibe like everyone else.

"Nothin', what's good?" He said.

"Man we're all chillin' for a bit, come here and meet Lexis' girl, Nelle." Arlie said as he walked my way.

"Arlie, I'm not Lexis' girl. But hey." I said and smiled at him. He wasn't cute to me but I was being nice.

"I'm Ryan." He said in an unusually cold tone.

"What's your problem?" I shot back at him.

"No one got the problem except you." He said cold heartedly and walked away.

"Don't trip over him." Javier whispered to me. I realized who that Ryan was. That was the one and only Ryan that Riley had a thing for. I don't see any reason why because he was a jerk. None of my business so I let it go. I sat on the hood of Arlie's car and pulled out my phone. I decided to text Riley.

8-17-13 -5:12 p.m. -Me: Aye
8-17-13 -5:13 p.m. -Riley: hey stranger!
8-17-13 -5:14 p.m. -Me: sorry, I kept forgetting to text you
8-17-13 -5:15 p.m. -Riley: its chill, what's up?
8-17-13 -5:16 p.m. -Me: chillin' with the guys. You will never guess this!
8-17-13 -5:17 p.m. -Riley: what?!
8-17-13 -5:18 p.m. -Me: so I just met Ryan and first of all he is part of that red gang?!
8-17-13 -5:19 p.m. -Riley: oh damn (; he's a thug huh? That's hot lol
8-17-13 -5:20 p.m. -Me: ew haha
8-17-13 -5:21 p.m. -Riley: and second?
8-17-13 -5:22 p.m. -Me: he is such an ass...
8-17-13 -5:23 p.m. -Riley: yea I know...
8-17-13 -5:24 p.m. -Me: why do you like him then?
8-17-13 -5:25 p.m. -Riley: when we get along its good but other times I don't really know
8-17-13 -5:26 p.m. -Me: oh, well hey I'll hit you up later. I just wanted to tell you that
8-17-13 -5:27 p.m. -Riley: haha ight! Peace boo
8-17-13 -5:28 p.m. -Me: peace

I put my phone away and just sat there. I was kinda tired but I didn't want to leave yet. I watched as Lexis walked over to me

"You straight?" I could smell his minty breath as he talked.

"Yeah, you?"

"You know I am." He smirked "Wanna go to the beach?" He asked as he was playing with my hands.

"Yes." I said as I slid off the hood of Arlie's car. I was really excited to go; I absolutely loved the beach. I loved feeling the cool breeze blow against my skin and the soft sand sticking to my feet and legs. It was a place for me to think and just a calming place to be in general.

~Lexis P.O.V.~

I knew she loved the beach so why not take her there? The car ride was quiet but peaceful. It was already around 6:00 p.m. so there was probably no body at the beach. She hopped out and we were walkin' side by side along the water. I grabbed her hand and our fingers naturally intertwined. We were walkin' hand in hand and I couldn't be happier.

"Chanelle?" I asked breaking the silence.

"Hm?" She said as she looked at me. Her eyes were glowing from the light coming from the sun, she looked so gorgeous with the light breeze blowing through her curls.

"Will you give me a chance?"

~Chanelle P.O.V.~

I stood there frozen. I looked into his hazel eyes and they made me melt. My heart was beating uncontrollably fast as my mind was telling me 'no. You don't want to get involved' but my heart was telling me 'Give him a chance, you know you love him'.

"I'll give you a chance" I finally spoke.

He grabbed me so fast and hugged me like there was no tomorrow. I was actually more happy and excited than doubtful, don't get me wrong, I still have my doubts because he is in a gang and we've only known each other for a week. You may be thinking this was all moving fast and I agree but y'all don't know him like I do.

"Ma, you have no idea how happy I am." As I was about to speak, I felt his lips crash against mine. They were rough but still so soft and passionate. He bit my lower lip asking for entrance but I decided I didn't want to open. He squeezed me till literally I was forced to open. I could taste his minty breath and it sent chills down my spine. He pulled away and sat down pulling me down with him. He was laying on his back and I was pulled on top of him. We gazed into each other's eyes before he broke the silence.

"Thank you." He said just before he kissed my cheek.