Q [Prologue]

The ocean was not a friendly place. It was seen as evil as evil as the dark but beautiful creatures lurking within it. They had remained hidden for years until the disappearance of sailors was finally taken into consideration.

Mermaids. 

Within their kingdom was a King and his Queen, however the queen was far too disturbed by the kingdom within the waters and had interest in how the humans did things. Of course this sparked controversy and hatred towards her but it couldn't be helped.

The queen was gifted with the "Heart of the Ocean" which lay in a necklace around her neck symbolizing who she was. One day she ventured to the surface and like all cliche stories, she fell in love with a human. The Governor to be exact.

They fell in love and she left the waters to live on the land with him, it was fairly simple to hide the fact that she was a mermaid after all as long as she was not submerged in the water her true form wouldn't show.

The queen gave birth to a beautiful baby boy who was unlike any other, most half breeds were simply human with the exception of godly beauty however her son was able to shift within the water. They feared for his life, and made it known to no one that he was a halfbreed.

One afternoon as the queen was playing with the child on the beach a servant washed up on the shore, frantic and covered in blood. Confused the queen ran towards the servant and kneeled down in front of him,

"What happened?" she asked, clutching her child close to her. The baby looked at the servant in interest, unaware of what was actually occuring,

"The pirates. A couple wandered into our territory and we killed them, I fear more will be coming. We need to relocate and the diamond must come with us." the servant answered, he didn't dare look at the child.

Halfbreeds were frowned upon and hated in their community. However, they couldn't choose a new queen until the next coronation so they couldn't oppose her orders,

"I see, head on back first and take care of your wounds. I will catch up once I put my child somewhere safe." she ordered and the servant nodded before diving back into the ocean. 

The queen ran with haste back to the governor's house and pulled him out of a meeting, she told him about the situation and how it was too dangerous for her to be away from her kingdom at this moment.

She placed their child in his arms and gave him a sad smile as he tried to reach for his mother, the queen pulled her hair back revealing an earring with a fragment of the diamond within it. 

"Keep this with you Junhong, that way Mommy will always be by your side." she whispered and kissed the child's head before she kissed the Governor goodbye. 

And this began the war between the pirates and the merpeoples.

Q - Bang Yongguk