Chapter Six

~Day Five~

The next morning Macy had finally come out of her cabin, but none of us talked to her. Mainly because she was giving us death glares and we were helping clean up the beach.

When we all woke up to the sound of a chainsaw, we went out and looked. No one was out helping clean up the beach but a few guys. So, we decided that if we wanted to be on the beach anytime soon, we might as well give them a hand. I was fine with it. I didn't mind helping out without getting paid like the guys cleaning the beach were. I think they were just grateful they didn't have to do it themselves.

We were up pretty early, but I was glad to be out of that cabin. Not because of Jake, definitely not, but because I hated being cooped up for that long. Being cooped up with Jake was enjoyable though. He and I talked a lot. To me, it was just his presence that made me feel better about being couped up. But, I enjoyed cleaning, mostly because I got to see Jake's muscles in action.

Macy was using her anger her anger to clean quickly, I could hear her mumble under her breath how much she hated us. It made me wonder if James ever planned on killing her too. It also made me wonder why she's still upset about James getting arrested. He was a serial killer for crying out loud! I snap out of my thoughts and continue to clean.

"Everything okay up there?" Jake asked, knocking is knuckles on my head. I swatted his hand away and giggled. If only he knew what was going on in my mind.

"Yeah." I turned back to Macy, showing Jake that that was what I was thinking about, giving him a clue what was going on in my mind. He sighed.

"She'll figure it out eventually." He said, but I could hear the doubt in his voice as well. We both knew it would be awhile before she snapped out of it, if she snapped out of it at all.

"Hopefully." I replied with. I looked back at Macy and she glared at us. For Macy, her death glares were pretty menacing.

"Stop staring at me you traitors!" Macy snapped at us. I sighed. Hopefully. I think again in my thoughts.

I turned back to Jake and he led me over to a cut up tree. Miriam and Patrick were already moving some of the logs. I heaved a log into my arms and moved it to the giant truck with all the other pieces of logs in it. The logs weren't too heavy, thank God, but they were heavy enough to where I had to stop a few times whenever the travel took a little longer than some.

Moving a few trees alone fortunately only took an hour. The workers told us the beach was usable again and to go enjoy ourselves instead of helping them. We thanked them and they replied with 'no, thank you'. We all headed back to the cabins. It took a few minutes to change and we sat around for Macy, but soon realized she wasn't coming. I don't even know why we waited around for her. She obviously was still mad at us, why would she go to the beach with us? More importantly, why did she help us clean the beach? We all shrugged it off and headed for the beach. As soon as we got there and dropped our stuff off, we headed for the water. We knew because of the recent rain, the water would be warm. We all went out as far as we were allowed and there were some small waves, but not many at all. The water felt good on my skin after not touching it for a couple of days. Sometimes, you just needed the salt water of the ocean rather than the tap water of a shower.

I closed my eyes and floated on my back. I felt something on my ankle and I became paranoid quickly and soon got pulled underwater.

"Aaah!" I screamed before I was submerged. The salt water stung my eyes for a moment. I looked around and found Jake grinning at me a good six feet away. If only I could swim quick enough... I pointed to Miriam's legs and he grinned some more and nodded. He and I swam over, took her ankles into our hands, and pulled her down. Jake pulled himself out of the water and tackled Patrick, pulling him down as well. I held back a laugh before I drowned myself. Miriam glared at me and I smiled innocently. We swam back up and I took a much needed breath of air; I let out a little chuckle, a remainder of my laugh. Miriam looked around.