Chapter 1

Quinn's carriage pulled into Grand Central Station and her eyes immediately scanned the platform for the any noticeable movements from a small brunette haired girl. She'd been true to her word and had made sure she'd kept in touch with the girl she once tormented. The girl she'd made friends with; the girl she was now best friends with. She smiled when she recalled their moment in the bathroom days before graduation.

3 Months Earlier:

"Here." Quinn said quietly handing Rachel an envelope.

"What's this?" The brunette hummed, fumbling to open the envelope.

"A Metro North Pass from New York to New Haven. I got one for me into New York too, everyone keeps going on about staying in touch and I want to make sure we do." Quinn explained, her eyes beginning to become redder by the second.

"Thank you." The diva replied quietly. "Thank you so so much." She repeated, pulling the blonde into a trademark Rachel Berry hug.

"Although I'm still not one hundred per cent sure that I support teen weddings. I am really happy that you and Finn are together; you guys were meant to be." Quinn said parting from the hug and leaning against the cool tile of the sink.

"Thank you." Rachel repeated again, indicating to the train ticket she was putting in her bag. "You know that's weird because that's the way I always felt about you and Puck." She admitted.

"Ancient history..." Quinn smirked.

Quinn was pulled out of her thoughts by a face pressed against the window of the compartment she was in. The face was so close it could have smelt her perfume. 'Something's never change' she thought. Rachel Berry and her endless enthusiasm was something she hoped would never change. She grabbed her suitcase from the overhead locker and stepped off the train into the cool station air. Immediately her bag was on the floor and a rush of brown hair was flying past her face. Arms were flung around her waist. Quinn could only laugh and hug her friend tightly back.

"It's good to see you Rachel." Quinn said as they broke apart.

"You too Quinn, you too." She replied. "Come on, let's head to my place." She instructed taking the blonde's bag.

"It's ok Rach, I got it." The blonde argued trying to take her bag back.

"Nonsense." Rachel replied pulling the bag further out of reach.

They joined the busy New York City streets and Quinn was astounded at how at home Rachel looked. She navigated them through the tourists and natives like a pro. Quinn stared up at the sheer grandeur of the buildings. Their time spent here for Nationals just over a year ago wasn't enough for Quinn to truly appreciate the city.

Suddenly the brunette stopped abruptly in front of a stony building. "I don't actually live in the dorms. Daddy, Dad and I checked them out and they weren't sufficient enough for what I required, so they rented me a little apartment. It's not much, but it's mine." She shrugged.

"Does it not get lonely, living alone?"

"Oh I don't live alone. I have a roommate." She replied, unlocking the main door and nodding curtly at the security guard. She pressed for the elevator and flashed her 'superstar Rachel Berry' smile at the blonde standing beside her.

"I can't believe you're here Quinn."

"I told you, I want to make sure we stay friends. I don't think I would have gotten through last year if it wasn't for you." Quinn admitted. The elevator dinged and they slowly stepped out.

"Sorry if it's a mess. I was in a rush and haven't had time to tidy up."

"I doubt it's going to be that bad. In fact I bet it's still tidier than my dorm at Yale. The girl I live with is a total slob." Quinn told her.