Chapter 77

alison pov

after dinner i stood up, "i'll clean up-"

"no it's okay. you rest. i'll clean." emily said, taking my hand into her hand, stopping me from taking the plates.

my heart fluttered at her thoughtfulness.

she slowly stood up and held herself up with the table and got into her wheelchair.

i smiled as the kids handed her the plates and everything.

she wheeled it to the kitchen and washed the plates and silverware herself.

"you guys were a part of this huh?" i said to the twins.

they giggled and nodded.

"it was mommy's idea." 

i smiled and emily wheeled back to the table, making sure to clear everything off.

"alright guys. bedtime go." i said.

"awww. but mommm."

emily chuckled, "you guys heard your mother. go."

they grumbled out a "fine" and left to go upstairs.

i turned to emily and she got herself onto the couch, handing me a glass of wine.

"emily?"

"mmhmm?" she said.

i smiled, "thank you...for tonight. i can't believe you did all of this." i said and stared into her eyes lovingly.

she took my hand, sending off those fireworks and smiled, "i'd do anything for you...i wanted to show you that i would make up for the past 4 months. i know i have been an ass recently. i promise you that from now on, things will change." emily said, not breaking our eye contact once.

i closed my eyes, knowing that my emily was finally back with me.

"you don't know how happy i am that you said that." i whispered.

she took her thumb and wiped my tears away.

"i love you so much alison fields. and you have my word that from now on things will be different. i swear."

"hey mom!" elijah ran downstairs.

"hey. isn't it a little past your bed time mr?" i said.

"maybe. maybe not." he said.

i laughed and so did emily.

"alright. i'll tell you what bud. you can stay up for a little longer if you and i head out back and fool around with this thing huh?" emily said, pulling a smaller sized basketball.

he shrugged, "i don't know..."

"oh so you don't want to?" emily said, raising her eyebrow.

"no! i do!" he said and jumped up, taking the ball and ran outside.

"hey! it's cold and there's snow now! jacket!" i shouted.

he ran inside and grabbed the coat i held up for him and ran back out.

"come on mommy!" he shouted.

i laughed and emily looked at me.

"go ahead." i said.

she smiled and i helped her into her chair and she went outside.

i watched as elijah threw the ball into the mini hoop and emily cheered, "that's my boy!"

he threw it in again and emily smiled, "there you go. watch that arch though."

i smiled and put my hand to my heart.