10. Meeting the Family (Raphael)

"You sure I can't move in?" you laugh.

Upon entering Raph's home, your body swiveled while your feet guided you as you follow him closely.  Although it was in a sewer, Raph and his brothers had some pretty neat stuff upon further inspection when you enter; computers, an Xbox (how they got one you'll never know), some of the funkiest looking beds you've ever seen and even a dojo for a training area.  This place was awesome. You were determined to get a tour later.

You heard Raphael come up behind you, feeling his gaze on the back of your head so your eyes went to meet his.  You have to crane your neck up to him and he gives you a kind expression, elated that you have seemed to accept everything of him and his home while others wouldn't.  You smiled at him as well.

Suddenly out of nowhere you were forcefully pulled sideways by a pair of strong arms, nearly choking you.

"Hey there!  You must be (y/n)!"

Your hands gripped tightly onto the arms that hugged you, feeling a thin layer of scales on your fingers, and when you turned your head ever so slightly your eyes were met with a pair of bright blue ones surrounded by the color orange.

"Who're you?"  you asked, looking up at Raph and giving him a look to for him to help you.  He noticed as began to pry his brother from you.  

"This is Mikey,"  he said as he stood beside you.  His brother gave you a big grin.

"I'm the good looking one," he said as you stifled a laugh.  Raphael shook his head.

Soon you saw two more figures come out from behind a wall, one was much taller than the other carrying a staff, while the other had two katanas.  You smiled with awe as they came closer to meet you.  Leonardo and Donatello were their names, and they were interesting to look at.

You exchanged conversations with each of them while Raph kept an eye on you the whole time, and not because he thought you'd do something wrong, but he was rather surprised that you treated his family with such kindness while others might not have.  You laughed along with them and chatted like you had known them your whole life, apparent to him that it was clear you were going fit in just fine in this little family.

Raph took you to the training area where he mostly was every day; the training room.  You had half a mind to ask him where they got all of this equipment but given their history and being ninjas, you're sure they had their ways.  

Your feet guide you to the middle of the room, looking over at how spacious and clean it was. 

"I feel so small in here," you say, still in awe. Raph walks to you and views the room as well, despite seeing it every day.  

"You should see us during training," he smiles, "you'll be even more impressed."

A chuckle comes from you. 

"Very tempting."

But he didn't bring you down here just to get a view of the place - someone else wanted to meet you.  You followed closely behind Raphael as he would look behind him so often to see if you were still there.  He led you into a small room that had a single table in the middle of it, and behind that table was a tall figure robbed from head to toe.  

"This is our dad," Raph says as you watch Splinter nod to you. 

"You must be (y/n).  Welcome to our home."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He had you sit across from him as you both sipped on tea, listening to his words about how his family came to be.

"I haven't met April yet," you say, "but I see her on TV all the time.  You guys are super lucky."

Splinter chuckles softly and takes a sip of his drink.  Raphael is off to the side on his phone but subtly listening in on your conversations. 

"You'll meet her soon," he speaks, "she visits us quite often.  And like her, you're welcome here whenever you'd like."

Your eyebrows raise in surprise, and joy, when you heard his words. Such a place as this with friendly company would surely bring anyone back to visit should they wish to, and you were certainly going to no doubt. Even the boys counted on it, more than some.

An hour or so passed on before you announced your departure. Before you can leave the lair, Raphael stops you by tugging on your elbow gently.

"Let me walk you home," he begins with a smile on his face. "Would be kinda rude of me if I didn't see my company off."

The gesture made your chest swell with warmth at his words, forcing a slip of laughter from your lips as you look up at him.

"How kind," you smile. "You sure you won't get caught?"

"I got some back ways to get you to your complex," he says, "me and my brothers take them all the time. Uh, on patrol. I mean. I'm not. . . stalking your apartment."

Another laugh comes from you, making Raph blush in embarrassment. The two of you begin walking out of the sewers. You were already making plans in your head to come visit them the next day, and the day after, and after. 

You get it.