♚ Chapter 13♚

The Mission

Standing in front of the mirror, I look at myself. I'm currently wearing the white sleeveless dress they gave me. Just looking at it reminds me of what I usually wear inside the palace. My dad, the king, has a very strict dress code policy during meals and whenever he graces us his royal presence.

I sighed at the thought.

I was not in favor of wearing dresses all the time so when my dad is not around, I wear my most comfortable jeans and t-shirts and sneak outside the palace with my cousin Al. Now that I remembered him, I missed him so badly.

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a sudden knock on the door.

"Come in," I said and saw Mr. Reeves enter the room.

"The dress looks beautiful on you Miss Tasha." The old butler complimented.

"Thank you, Mr. Reeves," I replied back smiling but was replaced by a frown when I realize that the dress fits me perfectly.

'Mason really has a creepy talent.' I muttered to myself.

"Did you say something mademoiselle?"

"Uh... no nothing." I said and gave him an uneasy smile.

"Master Axel is waiting for you in the hall." The old butler informed.

"I'm coming. Thank you, Mr. Reeves."

I gave a quick glance in the mirror once again to check if I'm presentable enough. I didn't bother to put any make-up since I don't have any in the first place.

"This way mademoiselle."

I followed Mr. Reeves until we reached the mansion's hall and saw Axel typing something on his phone. 'When will he stop doing that?' His eyes are always glued to his screen. I'm surprised that his vision is still clear.

My eyes landed on what he's wearing. He's wearing a black suit and his blue tie is still hanging loosely on his neck. He is so engaged on his cellphone screen so I cleared my throat to announce my presence. I caught his attention and now he's looking at me, studying my appearance.

"Do I look presentable enough to be your date tonight?" I asked nervously. Worried that I might embarrass him or myself in the party.

Without giving a comment he said, "Let's go. I'll tell you the details inside the car." and walk towards the exit.

I sighed. I don't know if it's the relief that he find my appearance satisfactory or from the fact that he didn't give a comment about it.

I suddenly remembered his loose tie.

I ran after him outside. "Wait! Wait! Axel wait!"

He turned before he could even enter the car.

"What?" He asked with a slight frown.

I approached him and point at his tie. "It's loose. Let me fix it." I said.
Before he could even say anything, I'm already fixing his tie.

"There. All done." I said while admiring my masterpiece.

My eyes landed on his face but he just gave me a blank look. He just turns and entered the car without saying anything.

That irked me.

"Thank You very much," I said loudly just to make sure he heard.