Chap 1

Naruto's POV

I can't stand it anymore. All the hate towards me. All the neglect. Being blamed for things I didn't do. Being called things I'm not. The names I could handle. After all, I've done so my entire life. But this? I can't handle this like I can handle the names. This was too much. All I want right now is for the pain to stop. For them to leave. The room was too dark for me to see who they were. They didn't speak, so I couldn't find out who they were by their voice. Tears streamed down my eyes as the pain grew. Was I really hated enough for someone to do this to me? I felt something fill me before the source of my pain had retreated. The one that was forced into my mouth had also left. I laid on the bed. Bruised and broken.

The sound of clothing rustling met my ears before the dark figures that had done such things to me had disappeared out my open window. I buried my face into the soft pillow, weeping harder like a pathetic weakling. I didn't care what I looked like right now. My appearance wasn't important. No one could see me. And if they could, I would wish that they couldn't. God, I was so weak and pathetic. I couldn't even fight against the invaders that were in my room. Eventually, my eyes couldn't open anymore. When I could, I was in front of the cell that held the nine-tailed fox demon, Kyuubi No Kitsune.

Hearing a faint growl, I looked up and met with Kyuubi's red orbs. I lowered my head again. Kyuubi wouldn't really care. If anything, he would just lecture me about being weak and start demanding why I didn't try to prevent those actions that were forced onto me. I was still bad at reading Kyuubi's growls. I didn't even realize he was worried about me until I felt one of his large fluffy tails wrap around me. He gently lifted me and pulled me into his cell, laying me between his front legs, close to his chest. He lowered his head a little, nuzzling me with the tip of his nose.

"Kit," he gently called out the nickname he gave me. I moved very little. I guess he wasn't going to react the way I first thought. His voice was soft and kind of comforting. "Kit, look at me." But I couldn't. I heard a heavy sigh from Kyuubi. "Naruto, please look at me." Him calling me by my real name was rare. Him saying please is even rarer. I lifted my head slowly to look at Kyuubi with my bloodshot eyes. I could tell he was really worried about me now. I could see it in his eyes. "If I could have done something to prevent this, I would have done it. Believe me. But I couldn't." So he wasn't going to call me weak and pathetic? "They were stronger then you, and you tried to fight them off. But you can't fight everyone off just like that. It doesn't matter if you are stronger then a average human."

"Then why couldn't I fight them off?" I asked the fox. My voice was raspy and nearly quiet enough for Kyuubi to not hear me.

"I can't answer that in a way that would make you a little happier then you are right now. Naruto, what's done is done. An ability that demons don't have is being able to turn back time and right the wrongs that we don't want." He raised his head. I didn't feel his wet nose touching my sides anymore. "I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologizing?"

"Because I promised myself that I wouldn't let anything bad happen to you. And I broke that promise. I wasn't able to help you at all."

He really was sorry. I could tell by the tone of his voice. It was sort of quiet. "Why did you make that promise to yourself?" I asked. I was a little curious.

"I got a little attached to you. Why do you think I call you kit? Because I consider you as my own." I only thought it was because I was younger then he was. Way younger. And he liked to piss me off. Kyuubi was a little confusing sometimes. He nuzzled me again when I disappeared into my own strange world, snapping my back into the reality that was my mind at the moment. He sighed heavily before saying, "Talk to me when ever you want, kit."