Chapter 2

A Thug's Only Love: Chapter 2

~August 9th~
~Friday~
~Chanelle P.O.V.~

The guys who were trying to get my attention were these guys that I had heard a lot of talk about. They were part of a gang, which my brother was a part of. I distinctly knew it was them even though I had never personally met these members but their blood red bandanas said otherwise. Before you automatically think it's the "Bloods" gang, this was a different gang. Out here in Oakland gangs were named after their colors. They showed their pride by carrying a bandana and being completely decked out in their gang color.

"Aye girl, hop on out and let me get your number!" One of them called out.

I ignored him, but one of them really caught my attention. He was tall, and I mean very tall. Short trimmed hair, light skin much like myself, maybe a shade lighter, and looked about my age. He looked hella fine but I had never seen him before. I quickly looked back at the lights and noticed it was green. I started to drive off, but I wanted to know more about this mysterious Red Gang member. I could just ask Jay about all the members in his gang, aside from the ones I already knew about. Chances are he probably wouldn't tell me anyways.

As I was driving along to Riley's house, the image of that guy was fresh on my mind the entire rest of the car ride. I pulled up to Riley's house and sure enough there she was waiting. She got in the car and gave me a 'why are you so late' look. To be honest it was kinda funny so naturally I laughed.

"What's so funny? You got a girl hangin' outside waiting!"

"I know and I'm sorry! But I was held up at the lights. There were those guys from that Red gang, you know; The one my brother and his best friend are in? Well one of them was trying get my number but there was one that especially caught my eye."

"A thug caught your eye huh? Well was he cute?" She asked as she settled into the car seat more.

"He was extremely fine. Talk about a guy you wouldn't expect to see in a gang."

"Oh damn, well shit I wanna see how fine this guy really is."

"I'll have to show you next time we drive by that intersection if they're still there."

For the rest of the car ride, we just talked about what was going on in our lives. There is this guy Riley has a thing for, I think his name is Ryan? Anyways he is in a gang, I'm not sure which one since I haven't seen his bandana, but I don't really like him. Sadly Riley has her heart set on him.

We spent a couple of hours just relaxing at the beach. Some of our other friends showed up too but didn't stay too long. I dropped Riley off at her house before I went back to my own home. It was around 5 o'clock in the afternoon and the sun was just about ready to finally set so the sky was a beautiful pinkish-orange color.

"Jay, I'm home!" I yelled loudly as I walked in through the door. I set my things down on the couch and walked into the kitchen to see Jay.

"Where the hell have you been?" He asked with a slight laugh.

"At the beach with Riley, what have you been doing?"

"That's what's good, shit I've been chillin'. I might go over to Vince's house for the weekend."

"Ohhh alright." I watched him walk out of the kitchen then swiftly jog up the stairs.

Jay was 18, well almost 18. His birthday was only days away but he was darker than me and he had a mini afro growing so he looked like a clown to me. He has an on again / off again relationship with this chick named Kenzie. She was 16 and I didn't like her that much. She was straight up drama so I stayed away from her as much as possible. Like I mentioned earlier, Jay was part of that Red gang too. He never let me hang with him when he was with his gang so I didn't know all of them , except for BV and Vince, those were the only two I had known about.