Chapter Twelve

(a/n - i hope yall are ready cause shit is bout ta get real. and there will be three POV changes in this chapter.)

Tyler's POV

"Tyler!" Zoe snaps angrily her hair falling out of the messy bun sitting sloppily atop her head. "Would you quit drinking so much!"

"Oh, Zoooooeeeee," I slurred flinging an arm around her shoulder as the alcohol in my hand sloshed out of the bottle and onto the floor. "Oops!" I giggled, "looks like I made a messy messy mess!"

"TYLER!" Zoe yells again a hint of exasperation seeping into her voice as she follows me towards the crowded living room. I collapsed onto a couch giggling like a mad man, though what I really wanted to do was to sob and cry my heart out.

"He's not responding." I heard through my choked laughter to make out Connor's voice as he spoke to Zoe. Concern leaking into every word he said and a sharp stab of anger probed my chest, though I knew it wasn't my place to be butt hurt over their relationship.

"Ty's kinda..." Zoe trailed off when she noticed me getting up from my flopped over position on the white couch, stumbling my way over to them.

"Whatcha talking 'bout?" I slung an arm over Zoe's shoulders feeling her stiffen beneath my touch. A flicker of annoyance and hurt flashed through me as I withdrew my arms angrily. "What's wrong with you people?" I spat, "you're not my parents, I can drink as much as I want."

"Tyler please," Zoe begs clutching my arms, "let's get you to Joe's room and you can crash there for the night."

"NO!" I shouted shaking her away, my arms flailing around wildly. "The night is young and we're living!"

Connor grabbed me in a tight grip trying to steady me with worry dancing in his eyes as Zoe called for her brother and Alfie. Together they each took hold of one of my arms and legs and started carrying me downstairs. I thrashed violently, confusion and anger filling me along with the alcohol overdose preventing me from thinking properly. "LET ME GO!" I screamed fighting against my friends, sensing the familiar feeling of suffocation and inability to move from the many pill induced nights followed by countless of hungover mornings. Oh, what I would do to erase those memories from my mind.

"TYLER CALM DOWN!" Alfie yelled as they pushed through Joe's bedroom door and dropped me in a heap onto his bed. "We're not trying to kill you, we're here help you mate."

"I don't need you're fucking help. I'm FINE." I hissed glaring at them through my glazed eyes, my empty heart weighing down in loneliness. 

"Tyler, where's Troye?" Connor asked suddenly peering down at me like I could jump up and stab him through the neck any second.

"How would I fucking know Connor? Shouldn't you be the one following him around like a lost puppy?" Seething, I grabbed a pillow and screamed into it, angry tears streaming down my cheeks and falling onto the pillow case. A hushed conversation was quickly exchanged before the boys filed out leaving Zoe alone with me.

She reached out tentatively and smoothed down my tousled fringe, sending waves of sorrow through my weak body. "I'm sorry Zo..."

"It's okay Ty."

••O••

"C'mon everyone! 5, 6, 7, 8!" Alex the hippie 20 year old dance coach yelled as Troye and his backup dancers went through their dance routines over and over again. Though to me it looked better than okay, yet she managed to constantly find mistakes in the flawless routines. Some as foolish as an elbow out of place. But even from my hidden spot hidden by the large sweep of curtains I've already heard her mantra "on little mistake can make a huge fucking difference." Over 30 times in the past hour.