Bookmarks and Poker Games

The more I talked to Seb, the harder I fell. We had so much in common and yet nothing at all. As me we were perfect. As Sophie I was his twin sister who was the complete opposite of who I really was. Screwed up didn't even begin to describe my life.

I decided to visit my hospital room that night. I looked pitiful, pale, and distant. Nobody was in my room. So glad to see my family was concerned about when I'd wake up. Sophie was left by herself once, and that's only because I insisted she-I be. Mom, I mean her mom, was too freaked out to let that happen again. Seb offered to stay at night. He said it was because he got to miss school, I know it was because it meant he could keep an eye on me, er, Sophie.

"You don't look yourself. I wonder why." I heard a voice say. "It's almost as if there's someone else in your body, not you. Oh, wait."

"I get it okay. Shit is screwed. People look at me as if I hated my life so I decided to live someone else's and got someone who's like a..book mark to save my place until I get back. No big deal." I said.

"I didn't know people could see you." Axel said. I scowled. " And isn't that what you are doing?"

"No. I... Yes. I guess it is isn't it? But could you try for one second to look at it from my point of view instead of your negativity?"

"No, Willow. Because that's all this is. It's negative. There will be no positive outcome from this. You can't win-"

"I can make someone else's life better while mine sucks. Is that so bad?" I said. "You act like I did this on purpose. I didn't. It happened though and I can't stop it. It will crush them." I said.

"How do I know you didn't do it on purpose, Willow? Don't you think it will crush them more when they find out their daughter is really someone else who's been living her body? And oh, not to mention you falling in love with their son, your now fake twin brothe-"

"I'm not in love with him! You don't know anything about love! I-" And before I could finish his lips were on mine and I was so suprised I couldn't react fast enough. I kinda melted into him. Kissing a normal guy was one thing, kissing a wanderer was completely different. At that moment everything made sense just because he understood everything about me. There were no secrets between. The kiss was pure and sweet and I had no idea what I was doing. He pulled back and stared at me. I swallowed hard. " I have to go." I said and started to head back towards Sophie's room.

"Great. Run back to your little life. Keep pretending, Willow! You can't deny what we just felt. I know you felt it, too! Lies only last so long before..." I couldn't hear the rest. I didn't want to. Things got way more complicated and it was too much to deal with.

"You okay?"Seb asked me.

"Hmm?" I answered.

"You seem kinda distant. Everything okay?"

"Yeah. I'm just thinking." I answered.

"About?" He insisted.

"Life." I shrugged.

"Tell me about it."

"Well, it's like you never really realize all that you were missing until it's taken away from you." I said.

"Taken away from you? I say it was given to you. Like a second chance, you know?" Seb said.

"A second chance?" I said thoughtfully.

"Yeah? You can do everything you want to do now. All the things you were missing out on before. God is great, Soph. He gave you a second chance. And for that, I am so grateful." Seb said. I swallowed hard.

"Seb, I-"

"Hi, Honey!" Sophie's mom said.

"Heya, Mom." I said.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

"Great. I'm feeling great. They're taking the gauze off my cut today." I said.

"I heard! That's so great, honey!" She smiled and held on tightly to her Gucci purse. I looked her over and in one glance I knew exactly who she was. She was the beautiful, rich, pageant mom who didn't even think about people whom were below her. Not that she felt above them, she was naive. Her only daughter being in the hospital had taken its tole on her social life and she wasn't sure how to take it. There were the people that gave her more sympathy than she could deal with, and then there were the others who looked at her as if she was a disgrace to their perfect neighborhood. "Has Seb been teasing you too much?" She asked.

"No. We're just talking. He's been very helpful." I said.

"Oh good! Well I'm sorry honey I can't stay long. I have the neighbor hood meeting today about the block part. But your dad and I will be back as soon as we can!" She kissed my forehead and then she was gone. Well I guess it's better than having no visitors at all right?

"Don't take it personally. It's just how Mom deals with things. She keeps busy so that she doesn't wallow in her own pain, ya' know?" Seb said. I nodded "Okay this whole Sophie sick bit is getting old. We need some fun."

"What do you mean "bit"? I really am sick!" I said. He laughed.

"Just wait." He said and took some stuff out of his bag. The next thing I knew we were rocking out to some blasted music and playing poker in my, Sophie's, hospital room. Seb had sunglasses and a bright green visor on. I laughed at him and then laughed more when he pulled out a bag of pretzel rods- our pretend cigars. A nurse came running in.

"You cannot have music that loud in here!" She yelled and we both laughed.

"Sorry, I'll turn it down." Seb said with a laugh. He turned it down and she scowled at him. "I'm just trying to cheer my sister up. Come on. Look at this face." He cradled my head and I caught scent of his cologne. It smelled amazing.

"Alright. Keep it down." She said and did a double take when we stuck the pretzels back in our mouthes. Seb grinned. She scowled again and left.

"That was too great." I said still laughing.

"Did you smell me?" He said.

"What? No." I said.

"Yes you did. I smell good, right?" He said.

"Why? You got a hot date or something?" I laughed.

"Actually I do." He said.

"What about Gabby?" I said.

"We're not exclusive." He laughed. "I'm kidding, Soph. Don't look so butt hurt. I'm staying here tonight to play poker with my sister. Don't smell me anymore. It's weird." He said.

"You're the one that called me your hot date." I shot back.

"And I'm the only one that's allowed to call you that." He stuck his tounge out at me.

"Whatever. You're about to get beat." I said, which of course was a lie. I'd never played poker in my life. He let me win a couple times though, if that's possible in poker.