Chapter 19: Words of a Rose

Soundtrack: Angels – Mayday Parade

Author's Note:

The song isn't from the list you gave me on Facebook but I love this song and I was listening to Mayday Parade while writing this chapter. I don't know, maybe I'm thinking of Tres saying the song's lyrics (not singing, that would be creepy of him) but that would not be so him. Maybe it's about the feeling. He might be feeling this way. :D Oh, God! I'm back to blabbering again. Hahaha!

And oh, I'll be signing Montello High book this Sunday for Philippine Literary Festival so see you when I see you!

And oh again! Thank you for the nomination of Montello High for the Filipino Readers' Choice Award! Thank you for remembering the story and appreciating it. Thank you!

Okay, I'll shut up now.

-Siel Alstreim

*****

A knock on the car's window got my attention and I fought my tears back when I saw Wycliffe. Binuksan niya ang pinto ng driver's seat at saka pumasok.

"Are you okay?" Tanong niya. Huminga ako nang malalim at tumango sa kanya. Hindi ko magawang magsalita sa pangambang garalgal na boses ang kanyang marinig.

"Well, you don't look okay. Who drove you home?" Muli niyang tanong. Hindi ako muling sumagot at pinili kong ibaling ang atensyon ko sa labas ng kotse.

"Hetta, ano bang nangyari? Someone stole your tongue?" I knew it. He was not going to stop asking questions.

"Lumipat ka sa likod. I'll drive the car," wika ko sa kanya sa maliit na tinig. My throat was aching because of the tears I was fighting back.

"No, I can drive," wika niya at ini-start ang kotse. That got my attention and pushed back all the emotions I had at the moment. Pinanuod ko sya habang minamaniubra ang kotse papasok ng mansion. I didn't like the possibility of wrecking my car and getting into an accident inside our property but I saw the excitement in his eyes as the car entered the mansion slowly.

"This is amazing!" He breathed and I panicked. Tuluyan nang nawala ang kung anumang nararamdaman ko at napalitan ng pangamba.

"Okay, Wycliffe. Stop the car," utos ko sa kanya. Subalit hindi niya ako pinakinggan at mas binilisan pa ang pagpapatakbo. It was a good thing na medyo malawak ang paligid ng mansion and that would lessen all the damage he might cause.

"Watch out!" I shouted as he missed a large pot full of roses with different colors. Our mom loves flowers. She would turn into a beast if she saw that we messed up her flowers. I'd never realized how many flowers we have in the mansion until now. Or maybe, she added more these past few days. But either way, Wycliffe shouldn't let the car touch any of them.

"Why do we have so many obstacles?" He murmured as he almost hit another large pot that has red and white roses.

"Just stop it! Let me drive it!" I almost kicked him out of the car through the window. But he was my brother and this was my car. I really didn't want to harm both of them.