Chapter 12: Hot Tempered Green-Eyed

I learned the hard way
That they all say things you want to hear
And my heavy heart sinks deep down under you and your twisted words,
Your help just hurts

You are not what I thought you were
Hello to high and dry
Convinced me to please you
Made me think that I need this too
I'm trying to let you hear me as I am

(Sara Bareilles; Love Song Lyrics)

~~~~~
Unedited

The Petropoulis family was very happy to meet the De Luca family, except Guiseppe. He never came after that encounter with Nicolas. Mikaela and Sergio had found new friendships in Melaina and Lachesis. Nicolas whole family was feeling so comfortable with the company of Adriana's family.

Victoria was a year older than Adriana, she's 27 and Brianna is 24. Victoria and Brianna already made a soft spot in Adriana's heart. The two was very lighthearted and ebullient. It was refreshing to talk to them after long years she outcasted herself with her friends, except Francine. Ashley was now happily married with Mario and they lived in New York.

Nicolas watched his sisters cheerfully chatting with Adriana and he was pleased that they all get along well. The lunch was hearty and my family decided to join the De Luca family as they insisted and Nicolai was so happy with his dad. He knew that his dad had been longing to had grandkids especially grandsons, a heir to their empire and as Nicolas sees it, he was smiling more than he could remember.

Now, everyone was having their tea at their small balcony.

I glanced on my watch and check the time. I agreed to David to see the houses. I just had to find a way to steal Adriana away from his sisters.

She didn't agree, but this house is too small. And, we'd love to come visit them anytime. It would be convenient if they lived in a big house, with pool preferably.

When the time struck one, I stood up and approached the three girls animatedly talking and laughing occasionally.

I left dad and mom with Sergio and Mikaela and lead my legs to Adriana's direction.

I stood in front of them and the three look at me in curiosity. "Can I borrow Adriana for a moment?" I asked and gingerly tug Adriana's arm without waiting for their response, and she stood up.

"Excuse me. I'll be right back!" Adriana smiled to Victoria and Brianna. The two grinned mischievously.

"Take all your time Adriana!" Victoria said in mischief with her eyes twinkling with mirth as she winked at Nicolas simultaneously.

Brianna giggled softly with her eyes brimming wickedly.

Adriana smiled forcefully. And followed Nicolas to the living room, then to the door. "Wait, where are we heading?" Adriana asked in curious tone with her eyebrows slowly compressing into thin line.

"To check the house." Nicolas responded in nonchalance as he stood on the side of the doorway and motioned Adriana to pass. Adriana quirked her eyebrows in annoyance and comes to a halt.

"We are not going anywhere!" Adriana responded shortly gritting her teeth. She already told him that they don't need a bigger house. She and her son is going with him in Athens. Her parents doesn't need a bigger house and especially if it's from charity. Courtesy of the man she hated.

Wrong missy! You forever loved!

Shut up! Adriana hissed to herself inwardly.

"Don't you like to visit them often?" Nicolas asked. His searing gaze is melting the cold shield I'm trying to established. And, yes. Adriana wants to visit them often. He really knew how to hit her weakest spot.