Chapter 6 - Aaron

*Jessie's pov*

"Emma!" I called once we were done filming for the day. It seemed I had left the building at the right time as Emma was just ahead of me. Emma slowly turned around and showed a little smile when she saw me.
"Hey." She greeted.
"Hi." I smiled before an awkward silence quickly spread between us. "I just wanted to apologise for running off earlier. It was just a shock to see you that's all. I wasn't expecting it." I excused. I took in Emma's appearance properly for the first time, she was a hell of a lot skinnier than she used to be and so much paler, paler than me even. It made me question what had happened since we had split up and what battles she had been through. She was not at all healthy but as long as she stayed on team Jessie I knew that would change.
"Oh, it's okay." She smiled. Despite her ill health she still kept her smile on. I admired her for that.
"It was a nice shock though."
"That's good." Awkwardness spread over us again and Emma looked at her watch. I had to swallow my gasp that arose as I noticed the fresh scars on her wrist. Guilt suddenly washed over me; I had made her retreat into that kind of person. "I better go, I'll miss my bus otherwise." She told me.
"Yeah of course." I answered, my mind still thinking about those scars on her wrist. I was worried that when Emma joined my team and I got to know her again that the challenges we had faced during our time apart would have changed us so we would no longer match like we used to. But maybe we weren't so different after all. "Wait a sec!" I called again as I noticed Emma had walked a few paces away from me. She turned to face me once more.
"Is it gonna take long?"
"No, not at all." I quickly caught up with her and pulled her into a hug. "I can't wait to work with your voice again. Welcome to team Jessie." I squeezed her gently. Much more gently than usual as it scared me how many ribs I could feel in her chest. I can't wait to have a proper talk with Emma. I closed my eyes as I took in her scent nad leant my head on her shoulder. A pain appeared in my chest as I suddennly remembered how much I missed her, how much I loved her. Why did I leave?
"Thank you." I could hear the smile in Emma's voice as she relaxed into my arms. "It's been good seeing you again. I can't believe you turned..."
"How could I not turn for a voice like yours?" I pulled away slightly and looked into her eyes; they were as beautiful as the day I left them. Emma simply shrugged. "I would offer you a lift to wherever you're going but Aaron is picking me up."
There was a brief silence as Emma still looked into my eyes before she spoke again, stepping away as if I was a skunk that had just sprayed. "Oh right, yeah. I better go. See you in a couple of weeks." She quickly turned and walked away without another word. She was gone.

I watched her walk out of the car park before sighing to myself and walking to my white car. I met Aaron standing outside my Jaguar XE. He was behind the open door witha frown on his face. Uh oh, I'd done something wrong; maybe I'd put too much milk in his coffee this morning. "Hey baby." I smiled and leaned over the door to peck his lips which stayed on their downward position. I swallowed as I slipped into the leather seated vehicle.
"Who was that?" He asked as he sat in the car. There was no 'Hi Jess, how's your day been?' but what was new there?
"It wonderful to see you too darling." I mocked.
"Jess, I'm being serious. Who was that?" He repeated but more sternly this time.
"Who was who?" I asked confused.
"That girl you were hugging then." He replied bluntly. He'd always been jealous of other girls that spent time with me, especially girls I was close with... Like Holly for example.
"Oh, she's just a girl on my team." I replied. I knew telling him that that was Emma would be a wrong move. I still told him the truth, just not all of it. I hoped he didn't see through me though.
"Why were you hugging her then?"
"Because she needed a confidence boost and some encouragement. Sorry being thoughtful." It was my turn to be blunt. I hated it when he was like this.
"This is't funny Jessica!" I flinched as his hands slammed down on the dashboard. "I know you're lying to me."
"I'm not." I swallowed and looked away. I was so screwed.
"Jessica." He roughly grabbed my jaw and tugged it so I was facing him. "Who is she?" Tears formed in my eyes as he spat in my face.
"E-Emma..." I stammered quietly and the next thing I had was a stinging sensation across my left cheek. He'd hit me. I sank back into my seat with my eyes closed. He'd been angry before and he'd been close to hitting me but he's never actually done it. Until now.

Ten minutes of dealy silence later we arrived at our appartment. I used to think of this as a warm and happy place that I'd always look forward coming back to. Recently, however, I'd been dreading the thought of ever coming back and spending time with Aaron. I needed to get out of that relationship. "Get out and get cooking." He ordered. I did what he said without a sound coming from my body at all. I was scared that I'd make one wrong move and he's kill me. It was almost like being back with Kira. At least Aaron's dad wasn't involved. Yet. But I doubt Emma would save me from this relationship like she did with Kira after what I've done to her.

I tensed every time I would accidentally clank a pan together thinking he was going to run in and batter me like this fish I was cooking. I breathed deeply as I looked out of the window that was above the sink. The view from here was absolutely amazing. We were quite high up and could see all of the city of Manchester with the evening sun shining through the window. It was beautiful, and whilst I was here with Aaron, looking at the beauty in front of me was my only place of escape.

I tensed and closed my eyes as I felt two arms wrap around me. It took me a while to realise that they were gentle and caring, so much so I thought that I was back in Emma's arms, but that was just wishful thinking. I slowly relaxed into Aaron's arms and closed my eyes, concentrating on evening my breathing. "I'm sorry baby." He whispered sweetly in my ear, "I don't know what came over me," I felt him gent kiss the cheek that was still stinging from contact with the palm of his hand, "I'll never ever do it again. Please forgive me." He pleaded ever so nicely.
I took in a deep breath and nodded, "of course I do Aaron."
"Thank you so much Jess. I don't deserve you at all. I promise I won't ever hurt you again." I nodded and made sure it looked like I could believe him. Any normal person would, but after my relationship with Kira, I must have heard the 'I won't do it again' promise over a thousand times.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: so now we know Aaron a little bit better...

ELLIE WON THE VOICE YAYAYAYAY JESS LOOKED MORE HAPPY THAN ELLIE XD

Uh... So I went back to school today... I've got a lot of work ahead of me by the looks of it :(

Please leave a comment on what you think

Thank you for reading, commenting and voting,

Emma xx