Part 5

I sharply inhale as the realization hits me. "Emil!"

His face turns and his eyes open wide with shock. "You! You're the girl i met in front of the orphanage, aren't you?"

"I-I am!" My cheeks flush bright red as his violet eyes examine me head to toe. "I'm so glad you rememb-"

"Wait, that apron," he places his hand on his forehead. "You're working here now?"

"Um, yes, why?" I tilt my head in confusion.

"No, no, no!" He starts pacing around the room. "Tino!"

I watch as he opens the door and returns to the front. "What the heck was that about?" I cross my arms and follow him. I peek out from behind the wall separating the dining area from the backroom door.

"You can't let her work here!" Emil throws his arms in the air.

"W-why not?" Tino takes a step back from the angered man.

"She's just... I can't be-!"

"Is somethin' wrong?" Matthias smiles, pulling them both into a hug.

"Get off, Matthias!" Emil struggles from his grasp and sighs. "I-I don't want to be distracted while I'm working, that's all!"

"Ah, he is at that age," Lukas joins in. "He's starting to notice girls."

"Lukas! I'm 19 years old! I've been noticing girls for a long time!" Emil insists.

"You? Notice girls?" Matthias falls into a fit of laughter. Emil's face flushes a dark shade of red and he looks at the floor.

"Alright, guys," Tino pushes the three other men away from the cowering teen. "It's ok, Emil. We'll try to keep you and (Name) separated, how does that sound?"

What? No...

"That's perfect!" Emil raises his head and smiles. My heart sinks. Just as i stepped out from my hiding spot, Matthias spots me. "Oh, hey, (Name)!" He waves and runs over. "You've met Emil, right?" I silently stare at my new coworkers.

Yea, I've met him. I was glad i met him too; does he not feel the same?

He escorts me over to where the others are gathered. "Emil, i don't know if you ever formally greeted our new blossom." He pushed me into Emil's arms. The teen was caught completely be surprise and failed to catch me.

I fell straight into his chest.

"Sorry!" I look up and his cheeks are a faint shade of red.

"I-It's fine." He pushes me away causing me to trip and land in Berwald's arms.

"I'm horrible at this people thing." I deadpan. I look back at Emil and find he is staring at me intently. "Uh... I'm (Name)." I extend my hand to him after squirming from Berwald's grasp.

He hesitates, then takes my hand. "Yea, i know."

To be continued...