Chapter Fourteen

Four blissful weeks had gone by. Danielle and Casey hadn't bugged her again, Jake and Amy continued to make her laugh and nearly all of her time was spent with Brandon, either in his cottage or in the pack house.

The pack was now aware of the fact she was indeed Brandon's, something which had pleased him very much. Though the topic of mating and him marking her was still very much a bone of contention.

She had told him nearly every day for the past month that she was ready, that she wanted it. But he had refused each time giving one reason or another.

'It's too soon.' 'You will be in a lot of pain.' 'Fine, but only when Hunt is dead.' 'Later.'

His excuses were driving Grace insane. It was as though he thought she didn't know her own mind. If it weren't for the fact he couldn't keep his hands off of her, she would have thought he was losing interest in her.

The forest was now being continuously patrolled, the warriors doubling up and taking shifts so the pack land was secure at all times. There had been absolutely no sign of Hunt and his men though.

Grace was beginning to worry that Brandon was going stir crazy, not leaving the pack in fear of any lookouts spotting him.

"You need to go for a run, a long one. Surely there is a way of getting you out of the pack without being seen?" Grace said, massaging his shoulders as he sat on her bed after trying to burn off some energy in the pack house gym.

"It's no use. I can hide from humans, but with werewolves super sensitive senses I would be spotted as soon as I put a toe out across the boundary line." He replied.

"Are you sure that Hunt is actually watching? I mean, none of the patrols found anything." Grace asked.

Brandon growled, his eyes glaring out of the window towards the forest. "I know he is there, watching. It's what he does. He watched the Arion pack for over three months without my father or any of the warriors knowing him or his men were there. It was how he took it down so efficiently." He said.

"So that's why Thomas is changing the schedules randomly. I thought that was a strange thing to do." Grace said, remembering the pack meeting where he explained that everyone had to be ready to work at a moment's notice.

"We are prepared this time. We know his game." Brandon said, stilling her hands on his shoulders by placing his own on top. "Do you remember the plan for when we are attacked?" He asked.

Grace sighed, rolling her eyes playfully as she slipped from behind him onto his lap.

"I remember it because we go through it every single day." She raised an eyebrow at his serious expression. "I may be a little slow physically, but mentally I can whip your ass!" She said.

"Oh really." It was Brandon's turn to raise an eye brow, his lips going from stoic to a flickering smile.

"Really." Grace nodded.

"And how would we test that?" Brandon asked, turning her over gently so they laid facing each other on the bed, his lips gently brushing their way up her arm towards her neck.

Grace giggled, swatting his arm away playfully, laughing when he began to kiss her arm and neck more forcibly.

"Hey, love birds!" Amy's voice shouted out from behind her bedroom door before a loud succession of knocks.

Brandon groaned out in annoyance, throwing a pillow at the door with such gusto that It made a thud.

"I'm coming in! You both better have clothes on." She shouted out again.