"You're not messed up either," I shot back.

       "Ouch," Grayson said before facing his girlfriend. "She hurt me, Flower. I think I need a kiss to feel better."

       Poppy rolled her eyes before kissing Grayson's cheek. Grayson started objecting but Poppy couldn't listen because the tournament officially started.

       Laughlin was actually one of the two going up first. He was going against someone who was in the tournament last year. As I watched the fight, it was clear who the winner would be. Laughlin's opponenet had a strong offense, but not defense. While he landed a few punches on Laughlin, Laughlin landed more than a few.

       The opponent did put up a good fight, but it wasn't good enough to beat Laughlin.

       After Laughlin won the fight, he climbed out of the ring. I gave him a hug, but pulled away after two seconds. "Gross, you're sweaty," I said, wiping his sweat off me.

       "Sorry, I'll try not to sweat next time," he said, a bit out of breath. "Will that make you happy?"

       "Yes," I said, fisting his shirt and pulling him towards me. "But you're not sweaty enough for this." I closed the remaining space between us and crashed my lips onto his. "Congrats," I murmured against his lips.

       Laughlin pulled away just as Grayson and Poppy walked over. "That was a great fight," Grayson said. "Congrats."

       "Thanks," Laughlin said. "It wasn't that hard, to be honest."

       "I know," Grayson said. "His defense was way too weak and although he threw good punches, he did them all wrong. It was too predictable."

       Both Poppy and I looked at Grayson with raised eyebrows. "What?" Grayson asked. "I know a few things about boxing."

       "Sounds like more than a few," Poppy said. "You sound like you know a lot."

       Graysom shrugged, then smiled. "Maybe I should take up boxing."

       Poppy shook her head. "No. No way. Not after your injury."

       "Yes, mom." Grayson faced me. "Poppy and I are going to leave now. Her mom isn't exactly happy with me so I have to get her home on time."

       I raised an eyebrow. "What did you do?"

       "Nothing bad, I swear," he said. "We didn't hear her mom calling us for dinner because we were preoccupied."

       "You were preoccupied," Poppy said.

       "Needless to say, her mom didn't like the love bite I gave Poppy," Grayson said with a smug smile.

       "Oh," I said. "Don't worry, been there, done that. Except he," I pointed at Laughlin, "does it when we're working and my dad is the boss."

       Laughlin shrugged and bent down to whisper in my ear, "I can give you another one if you want."

       I elbowed his stomach, causing him to move away from me. He really needs to chill it.

       "Let's go, Grayson, if you want to get on my mom's good side again," Poppy said, tugging her boyfriend's arm. "Bye, Elliot. It was nice seeing you again. Good luck with the rest of the tournament, Laughlin."

       "Thanks," Laughlin said before Grayson and Poppy left.

       Laughlin and I watched the remainder of the matches, looking to see if we could find any competitiom for him. So far, only three guys seemed to have Laughlin's skill, one of them being Jerry.

       After the first round was over, the announcer announced who was going to be going against who for round two, which was in a week. Like I guessed, Laughlin and Jerry wouldn't be going against each other.

       "Now that it's over, you can come to my house," Laughlin said. "Munro and Nick both miss you."

       "I miss them too," I said, "especially Nick. He's my favorite."

       "Besides me, right?" Laughlin asked.

       "Oh, would you look at that wall?" I muttered. I did that whenever I didn't want to answer a question.

       "Wow," Laughlin said. "That hurts."

       I squeezed his cheeks as revenge for all the times he had done it to me. "It's okay, you know I love you." I kissed his cheek and pulled him outside.

       He led me to his car and was even a gentleman by holding the door open for me. Usually, he locked the door before I got in.

       As he drove to his house he kept one hand on the steering wheel and the other in my hand. "So," I said. "My dad might be a bit mad at you."

       Laughlin frowned, looking confused. "Why? What did I do?"

       I cleared my throat before telling him to conversation Dad and I had in the morning. "Well, it all started when I woke up."

       I walked down the stairs, rubbing my eyes before sitting across Dad on the kitchen table. "Morning," I said as he pushed a bowl of cereal towards me. I smiled my thanks before eating.

       "Elliot, I think it's time we have a talk," Dad said. "You and Laughlin are getting serious and I'm happy for you. He treats you well and he got the Dad stamp of approval. Which is why we need to have the talk."

       I swallowed the bite of cereal I took before looking at Dad. "Dad, we already had the talk when I was thirteen."

       "Not that talk," Dad said. "The other talk. When a man and a woman love each other...."

       "Dad," I interrupted. "I don't need the sex talk." As soon as those words came out of my mouth, I knew I was going to be in huge trouble.

       Dad stared at me. "Elliot....Have you had sex before?"

       My eyes moved away from him. "Oh. Would you look at that wall?" I did not want to talk about yet again. I already had enough talking about it during truth or dare.

       "Is that why you came home so late yesterday?" Dad asked.

       "What, no," I said. "Absolutely not." Well, maybe.... "I was at a party, remember?" I told Laughlin I had to be home on time....Now Dad was suspicious.

       "Elliot," Dad warned, seeing right through me.

       "....Maybe?"

       Dad sighed in frustration. "I am disappointed in you, Elliot. You need to be careful."

       "I was," I said. "Besides, that wasn't the first....You know what, this is really good cereal."

       "Condoms better had been involved," Dad said. "I don't want you popping out Elizabeth."

       "Dad, two things," I said. "One, stop with those jokes. And two, can we not have this talk? I'm seventeen and responsible."

       Dad grumbled, frowning deeply. "Laughlin corrupted my daughter."

       "He thinks I corrupted you?" Laughlin asked. "Did you tell your dad that you were the one who pulled my shirt off first?"

       "No," I said. "You really think I was going to say, 'Dad, don't blame my boyfriend. After all, I was the one who pulled off his shirt when we were making out on the couch-bed'."

       Laughlin pulled into the driveway of his house and turned off his car. When we got inside, we were greeted by a furious Lisa. "Laughlin," she said. "Tomorrow, you're going to get custody of your brothers."

_________________

Let me tell you something. You probably guessed that Lisa is a very calm person so when she's furious, something bad happened. You'll find out exactly what next chapter.

<3