Blood Thirsty Chapter 6 :)

Start from the beginning

I quickly get up and run down the river.  Chasing the water, as race would seem most fit to see who is faster.  My feet leap through obstacles like it was natural to me, and stare straight ahead not daring to ever look back. 

I know deep in my mind, he will come after me. He will search for me until he finds me.  And quite frankly that scares me.  –To be hunted down like an animal is not the life I wanted; nor to always be looked after.

The bright morning sun had started to awaken the ravishing night I had long since forgotten.  Its bright horizon freeing the captive from the darkness that controls the night.  After about 20 minutes of running a small town had come into view.  Its old Victorian style of housing seemed to be older than the loose fact of vampires themselves.  Nevertheless I ran until I found what I had wanted. A young woman with dark brown hair was just flipping the sign ‘open’ when I came into her view.

She smiled at me and opened the door, taking in my attire I doubt she even thought I lived in this town for an instant.  I smiled back and took a seat in front of the mirror looking at myself. 

I was dirty, that was for sure. And my hair was a rats nest (as mom would call it).  She called for me over by the sink and said it’s easier to deal with hair when it’s wet. Only  I could have swore I heard her grumbled “…and clean.”   As if my presence was a nuisance to her,   I sighed and walked over.

She rattled my brain as she scrubbed the dirt out of my scalp. Shampooing and conditioning every inch of my hair.  When she was finished with the cleaning we walked over to the mirror again and took the towel from my head. 

“What can I do for you today?”

Her warm green eyes seemed to look straight through me as if I wasn’t even there.   I stared at her from the mirror as her eyes drifted around my head. 

This was what I wanted….wasn’t it?

“Just make me…..different.”

My voice was quiet, as she nodded her head in understanding.

My long blonde hair was a tangled wet mess, my ends completely split.  [ A complete nightmare to any ordinary girl] The stylist was measuring with her fingers how much she should cut off when I realized something.   What if I look too much like the old me?  My hair would be shorter yes, but my color? He would realize it was me from a distance if he saw me .

My long blonde hair was at least to my elbows.  I sighed mentally thinking back into my human days, when I used to love my hair.  I would brush it every hour if not day, so it would be an elegant shine of smooth glossy ‘barbie hair’ as my mom would call it.  A twitch of a smile lit my face as I remembered her very words when I would do my hair. 

I looked back up at the hair dresser seeing her looking at me, as if I were to answer a question.

“You have beautiful hair, are you sure you want me to cut it ….”

She seemed hesitant while looking at my locks.  I looked at my hands for a moment as a distraction.  I wanted this. I wanted to be different. To be lost and never found.  I want this style to represent nothing in my old life.  

….I won’t let him find me.

I looked up at the woman with a set decision in mind.

“Yes Ma’am.” I nodded my head while doing so.

I motioned with my hand that I wanted to have it to be somewhat of an emo hairstyle. Having it be dyed all black with a layered style; she gawked at me in disbelief.  I ignored her and said that after it was dyed black I wanted some ice blue highlights swiped across my bangs and a little bit in the ends.