34.

Anna loosely holds onto my back, as I float both of us above the water.  Her head is resting on my shoulder and legs wrapped around my waist. I begin to hum a random tune while holding this stunning girl in my arms.

I honestly can not imagine life without her, but if you would have asked me a few weeks ago I would have never thought I would be in this position. I didn't even believe in falling in love so quickly, let alone falling for a ghost. But that just shows that time can change anything. The rain drizzles down on us, slowly starting to die out. I wish it would rain everyday just so I could be with Anna, but I know that won't happen and I also know that she will be leaving me soon.

"I don't want to go," she whispers against my shoulder blade. I don't want her to go either, but I know that is destined to happen.

"You won't be gone long." I try to reassure, knowing she will be back within a couple of days. If I could sit here in this water and hold her all night I would, if it meant she would get to stay longer, I would.

"I will miss you..." She trails off, as I start to feel her body fade away from mine. Within seconds she is completely gone. The rain stopped, leaving the ground slightly muddy. I get up out of the water and start to head back towards the house. My mind focused on Anna the entire way there.

When I finally do make it back, I head straight for the shower, before heading to bed. I lie awake, craving for another minute with her.

I wake the next morning to the sound of someone pounding on my door. I roll around in bed, attempting to block out the obnoxious noise from my ears, but with no luck, I finally get up and stride towards the door in only my boxes.

"Okay, Charlie that is enough! I am coming." I yell, as I'm nearing the entrance. I can't believe that old fart would wake me up this early, I'm going to have to kill him. I unlock the door and pull it towards me before saying,

"You do know some people around here actually enjoy sleep-" I cut myself off when I realize it isn't Charlie at my door, but Jane. Her blonde hair is curled and she wears a fiery red dress.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't think you would be asleep." She quickly apologies, while covering her mouth. I shake my head saying,

"It's okay. I honestly thought you were my boss and I would have had to hurt him if it was, but no you're fine," I try to reassure her. I offer her to come in which she accepts after asking if I was sure.

"So, what brings you here?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Well, I noticed we haven't talked in awhile and I thought I would stop by to make sure everything was okay. " She smiles, showing off her perfectly white teeth.

"I guess I have just been busy with work." I admit, leaning back onto the chair cushion.

"I also thought you might like to join me for lunch today, but if you don't that's fine." I think on her offer, knowing I really shouldn't get involved with her since I did just have that amazing night with Anna at the river place last night.

"When were you planning on going?" I know I shouldn't go, but lunch wouldn't hurt, right? It's just lunch with a friend and it's not like Anna will find out.

" I was planning to go in about an hour."

"Okay, well that sounds good, I just need to throw on some clothes before we leave." I am just now realizing I am in only boxes. The day that Jane started to unbuckle my pants crosses my mind, when her cheeks turn red, as she quickly looks away from me glancing down at myself.

"That might be a good idea..." She laughs, her cheeks a rosy red. I get up and head to the bedroom to change really quick. I brush my teeth and toss my hair around a bit before putting on a little cologne since I didn't shower.

"I'm ready, if you are?" I announce, walking out of the room and into the living room. Jane stands from her sitting position before saying,

"Let's go." We head out the door and into my old truck, heading off to a restaurant for an early lunch.

| Authors Note |

Sorry for the wait and the crappiness of this chapter, but I promise I will start updating more often.

READ MY NEW STORY PLEASE it's called "Into The Woods" it's a Harry Styles AU and I think you guys would like it!

Chapter dedicate to: @Gingerfox55

WHOEVE LEAVES ME THE NICEST, LONGESR COMMENT GETS A DEDICATION.