Chapter one

CHAPTER ONE - PROLOGUE
Johanna

I sat down on the old tatted sofa id grown to love after a string of terrible impulse buys many years before. The sudden rush of the cold leather slapped my skin creating goose bumps all over. He was trying to tell me something bad. My husband was a good, hard working man that was strong and never gave up on his beliefs; but when it came to telling me bad news he was terrible. He shifted around the room breathing heavily and pushing his oily thick brown hair out of his pale face. 'Sweetie just spit it out' he was beginning to look like he was going to back out. He froze and looked straight at me, into my eyes with a face expression I had never seen on him before; terror. He took a deep breath.

'She got out, Amelia has gone.' Everything went silent and my breathing stopped making my chest tighten. She got out! No one ever got out. I quickly came to my senses and jumped up, too quickly and it made me dizzy.
'We have to get her! I can't lose you Aiden!' I tensed up ready to get moving. He just stayed still. What was he doing? If she got to anyone before-
'Jo, it's too late. She's already made it to the police.' His words spun around in my head, was this really the end? Would I ever get to see my husband ever again when they showed up to take him away from me? I couldn't help but burst to tears and Aiden caught me before I dropped to the floor, my tears stinging as they pooled on his shoulder.
'I have an idea Johanna, but it's going to be hard to hear.' I looked up at his face; his expression had changed to worry. His eyes glazed over and he sucked in his bottom lip making it white.
'We have to leave; we have to pack everything we can into the car and move on to somewhere safer.' He stared longingly at me waiting for my reply.
I thought about this for a minute, as if I would choose my life here over him. I smiled and kissed the tip of his cold nose.
'I'll pack my things.' He picked me up and kissed me frantically, screaming his love for me and we both laughed. I loved him so much and if I was going to accept his second job of "Taking care" of the filth in this world then I would easily accept a new change of scenery. The authorities would not win, like they did with his father. "The Correction Killer Caught!" plastered all over the newspapers when he was caught, just over ten years ago. Aiden did warn him that writing to the police was too much boasting and unnecessary attention; he was right. Aiden is a good man though; he continued his father's work cleaning up the streets and getting rid of the ungodly.

============================================================
i hope you enjoyed the beginning of my story! look out for chapter two!
what did you think of the family? stange huh?
comment what you think, i love feedback!
dont forget to share with you friends so i can get more and more feedback for improvement!