Chapter 36

My phone vibrated once again on the counter next to my bowl of cereal. I smiled smugly as I hit View Later to another one of Stevie's texts.

"You know," Alana spoke up, after seeing that I was ignoring another text from Stevie. "She's probably going to kill you." She shoved another spoonful of cereal in her mouth.

I laughed and grabbed my phone. "I know, that's the best part." She rolled her eyes and I sent her a cheesy grin. She tipped the bowl toward her lips, drinking the milk that had remained after she finished off her cereal. I made a face in disgust, unable to see how she found that delicious. "That is literally the most disgusting thing I've ever seen." I said to her.

"Are you kidding? You dip your pretzels in ketchup! That's pretty disgusting!" She said, flailing her arms into the air.

"How would you know? You won't try it!"

"Gee, maybe because it looks fricking disgusting!" I stuck my tongue out at her, as she stood up and placed the bowl into my sink.

"That's alright, I still love you, even though you drink the leftover milk from your cereal."

"And I still love you, even though you dip pretzels in ketchup." She smiled before adding: "Just keep bein' yourself."

"That's horrible advice. Most people don't like me, actually." I replied.

"Whatever, c'mon we have to go!" She said, grabbing her bag and opening the door. I set my bowl of cereal down in the sink before slinging my bag over my shoulder and following her out the door.

****

"So tell me again why we're not going to the airport?" Alana asked from her position in the passenger seat.

I pulled my car into the busy traffic, delaying the answer to her question for a second. "Because, if we go to the airport we'll be bombarded by paparazzi. It's easier to just go to their hotel and say goodbye. Besides, no one even knows that you're dating Niall. I'm not even sure how you've been able to keep it a secret for this long." I said and she shrugged her shoulders. She turned up the radio, singing along to the words of a song I didn't recognize.

After driving for ten more minutes, we pulled up to their hotel. "It'd be much easier if they just got one huge house here so that they didn't have to stay in hotels." Alana said as we climbed out of the car. I locked the doors and proceeded through the hotel doors, waving to the doorman who I had become accustomed with, since I came to visit Harry so much.

We stepped inside the elevator, pressing their floor number. The elevator lurched upward as we got closer to the top of the building.

I smiled as I remembered a video that Alana and I had done, before we met the boys. It had taken place in an elevator, kind of like this one. This video was probably my favorite because I had acted like a total creeper in it. In the video, I stood in the back of a crowded elevator, in the middle of business men and women who were probably tired after a long day at work. When the elevator had gotten quiet, I coughed and spoke up: "I bet you are all wondering why I gathered you here. . ." And I went on the explain an evil plan to take over the world. Let's just say everyone of those people left that elevator extremely confused.

The dinging of the elevator arriving on the correct floor pulled me out of my thoughts. Together Alana and I walked towards the boys' door, knocked lightly and waited for someone to answer. The door was pulled open by Louis, who pulled up both into his arms for a hug. "I'm so happy that you guys came to say goodbye to me."