Day 14: And Now We Wait

So we’ve grown spiritually, we’re on fire; we are desperate to get out there and share with the world!  We have the solution the world needs so let’s go, right?  Wrong, in a right-ish way.  It is true, we do need to be sharing at every opportunity we get, but we need to not grow frustrated when it feels like we’re not  being given opportunities.

Sometimes it feels like we’re constantly sitting at home and doing nothing.  It is so frustrating.  There is a world out there that needs salvation and we’re doing nothing!  First of all, the frustration is a good thing because you should never be doing nothing.  Be involved in a Bible study, sing a special at church, volunteer somewhere, make friends with someone and involve yourself in their life- something!  At the same time, though, make time for your spiritual life.  Be spending time with the Lord and reading His Word and praying.

Even when we’re doing all of this, it can still feel like we’re not doing anything.  Maybe this feeling is something you do need to feel.  Maybe you need to take a step back and see if there is anything at all you can be doing.  Maybe you need to do something simple like smiling more often, or maybe you need to do something more drastic and start a fundraiser for your church's missionaries. 

After you've checked to see how you can be more involved, if you still feel like you need to be doing something, maybe you need to wait.  Pray to God about it and wait for His guidance.  Maybe you are not yet ready for something big He has planned.  Or maybe He has bigger plans for your life than the plans you have.  Either way, you will get an answer if you have accepted Him as your Savior, you are faithfully asking for forgiveness when you sin, and you are praying consistently.  I cannot guarantee that you will get your answer in an hour.  In fact, I can’t even guarantee that you’ll get it in a day, month, or year.  But I can guarantee that He will and does answer prayer.

As a final word of advice, while you’re waiting, keep being involved.  Don’t let waiting become your excuse for doing nothing!

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  -Philippians 4:6-7