My Time to Shine! ~3~ Twilight

~3~

‘Confusion’

Bella and I went our separate ways after lunch. Bella would be wondering why Edward was acting the way he was; he would be trying not to kill her. When I got to Chemistry I saw the black topped lab tables and the three feet high stools with a back to it, I’m going to have a difficult time getting on them. When I gave my sign sheet to Mr. Brosher I saw the only seat left was next to the one and only, Jasper Hale.

When I got the sheet back I went to the desk, I saw that the stool was shoved all the way to the end. Stepping on the ledge that connected to all the legs I sat down and peaked at Jasper. He was gripping the edge of the desk so hard that I knew there were indents being created. His eyes were coal black and looking down at his stomach, he was not breathing. I was doing this to him.

The hair on the back of my neck and my arms stood on end. Every instinct I ever had was never as strong as this, it told me to run, as fast, as hard, and as long as I could. I had to fight myself from doing so. My back was tense as I was ready for anything, but I could not outrun a vampire, I could not fight him off, and I felt that if I left the room he would take the chance to follow me, having no witnesses. The class was the only chance I had at survival, I leaned as far away from him as possible careful not to blow any of my sent his way, hardly breathing.

I was doing this to him, I was hurting him so much, and I was challenging everything that he worked for. I don’t think the humane side of him was going to win. I listened to nothing the teacher was saying; all my senses were alert and on him, like if you looked away from the predator to run he would jump, that’s how it felt. Everything about his body said I was going to die. His jaw clenched visibly.

Its felt like it’s been years. My whole body was sore from being tense but I dared not relax. I think showering this morning was a good idea, if I hadn’t I don’t think I would still be alive. I remembered Bella asked Edward if she didn’t shower, that it would make it easier on him and he said it would just smell stronger.

I looked a Jaspers hands. There inching closer! I’m going to die! All that I’ve been through, just seeing the Cullen’s, and it was going to be by my favorite young Cullen/Hale vampire (by young I mean as in age they were frozen in, so not including Carlisle and Esme). Though, that actually made me feel, better and worse. Better because it was by Jasper, worse because after all those years of fighting it, me coming here, who isn’t supposed to exist, in this thirty five minute class, it would be ruined.

He would even have to kill the whole class just to get away with it, then move away, the family following, making Edward never be with Bella. As Esteban from ‘The Suite Life of Zack and Cody’ says, “THIS IS A DISASTOR!” I feel so bad, it’s my entire fault.

Then it happened, the droning bell rung, Jasper was out the door before it even stopped. Breathing a huge sigh of relief I sucked in air, I was light headed from holding my breath most of the time. My head fell on the black top and I relaxed my limbs limply hanging.

“Are you ok Ms. Swan?” Mr. Banner asked making me fall out of the stool him catching me before I hit the ground. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.” He smiled at me apologetically.

“I’m fine,” I lied as I pushing away from him steadying myself. “Just a bad daydream.”

He let me go off to my next class watching me leave. I was still alive. Jasper didn’t kill me, I could tell from the pain in my whole being. Bella didn’t have this hard of a time, though Jasper had a harder time controlling himself so I had to give him some credit. But why was this happening?

That whole experience was terrifying, I’ve never been so scared in my life, but I wanted to be closer to him. I sound like a masochist, that’s what I am, a masochist. That was the only reasoning I could come up with.