Chris POV 2.0

This is chapter two of APR in Chris's POV.

-----------------

⠀"Wakey wakey, Chris!"

⠀Something heavy proceeded to crush me, winding me as something sharp pressed into my chest. Irritated, I wasted no time in shoving Jeremy off of me and onto the floor. How did I know it was Jeremy? No one else had such a grating voice. To me it was like nail's on a chalkboard.

⠀The blond beamed up at me as I glared at him, pushing myself into a sitting position. "How'd you get into my house?" I said, trying to sound angry, but feeling too tired to. I glanced at the clock. 5:00AM.

⠀He held up my apartment key. "You gave me a key, remember?"

⠀"I didn't give you a key." There was no way I'd ever give him a key. No way.

⠀"Oh, maybe this is the one I stole then."

⠀Instead of responding, I slipped back under my covers. I was not going to wake up at 5:00AM to deal with his forever-hyper ass.

⠀"What are you doing Topher?" Jeremy questioned, poking me in the back. "Come on! Get up! It's your big day!"

⠀"Go home, Jeremy."

⠀"I'm trying to be a good friend."

⠀"Then be a good friend and disappear."

⠀"You'll be late for work."

⠀Work? I jolted up again, frowning. "Shit. Is today September 3rd?"

⠀"You betcha."

⠀A groan left my lips as I forced myself out of bed. Getting up early wasn't going to be something I was going to look forward to. The days before when I had to go in for preparation allowed me a few more hours of sleep. But since school officially started, that meant I had to be there at 7AM.

⠀Jeremy hummed cheerfully, following me to my dresser. "Want me to make you breakfast, hunny?"

⠀"No, I still want you to leave," I told him.

⠀He pouted. "Without me you wouldn't have woken up on time!"

⠀I ignored him, heading to the bathroom to take a quick shower. "Fine. Make breakfast," I called over my shoulder as my stomach rumbled.

⠀"What am I? Your slave?"

⠀After shooting a smirking Jeremy a quick glare I stepped into my bathroom, flipping on the light. My reflection in the mirror above the sink caught my attention. I paused, studying it for a moment. Even in the morning I didn't look half-bad. Being cursed with good looks wasn't really a bad thing.

⠀When I trudged into the kitchen half an hour later, Jeremy wolf-whistled at me. I rolled my eyes at him, taking a seat at the table. "Is that a new suit?" he asked. "I've never seen you wear it before."

⠀"Apparently we have to dress formally," I muttered, reaching for a piece of toast he'd put on the table. "Casual Friday only. I thought public schools didn't care about things like that."

⠀Jeremy shrugged. "Depends on the school. Some public schools have strict dress codes, others' don't."

⠀"Maybe I can get away with button-ups," I pondered, inspecting the toast to make sure he hadn't done anything funky to it. You could never be too safe with Jeremy. Pain in the Ass was his middle name.