Paired Up With the Dweeb

Louis' POV

"He's such a dweeb, right man?" My friend Liam was talking about Harry Styles, the biggest nerd in the school.

"Yeah, he is," I agreed.

Liam and I hung out all the time. It used to be us two and a guy named Zayn, but he moved schools a couple months back.

I didn't necessarily like how Liam talked about Harry that way, but if I stood up for him, I would be destined an outcast for the rest of high school. And, its not my fault that Harry was a know-it-all, or that Liam was a jerk. Besides, I didn't even know Harry, and as much as I didn't like Liam, he was the coolest guy in school, and I couldn't risk losing my place in the coolness chart.

Ring... Ring...

The bell rang that it was time for our next class, and I started to worry. I had science for my next class, an Mrs. McKinnon hated me. I could not be late.

I ran down the hallway until I reached room 105, science. I opened the door, seeing a very upset Mrs. McKinnon.

"Late again, Mr. Tomlinson," She said, crossing her arms.

I looked at the clock. "Yeah, by thirty seconds, Janine."

A few chuckles were heard around the room as McKinnon's face grew red. She hated it when we called her by her first name.

"That's Mrs. McKinnon to you, young man," She stared me down with devil eyes.

Too bad for her those eyes didn't scare me anymore.

"Whatever, Mrs. McBuzzKill," I sat in my seat in the very back of the room, as laughter exploded around the room.

To be honest, I wasn't scared of being in trouble anymore. The thing was, whenever I saw McKinnon, hatred flowed through my veins, and I would rather be sent to the principals office than suck up to her.

"Alright, Mr. Tomlinson. Be that way, but you have detention for the next week," McKinnon said proudly. I didn't really care, I've gotten use to getting detention. It was like a home away from home.

Wow.... I just realized how pathetic that sounded....

Anyways, McKinnon kept rambaling on and on about some dumb project we had to do. I wasn't really paying much attention to her, I was thinking about this song I was writing.

Yes, I write songs. I sing too, and to be honest, I was quite good at it.

I had already gotten a lot of it done, but I felt that it wasn't perfect just yet. I needed insperation. I needed--

"Harry Styles," McKinnon said, interupting my thoughts. "Harry, you will be paired up with Mr. Tomlinson. Please try to rub some of your good behavior off on him."

"WHAT?!" I jumped out of my chair. I could not be partnered up with the biggest dork in school, Liam would kill me!

"Mr. Tomlinson, take your seat," McKinnon stared me down with stone cold eyes. "Harry would be a good infulence on you, and you better not complain. Or else."

I sat down, glaring daggers at my teacher. She just killed what popularity I had by pairing me up with that loser. Now I know for sure that McKinnon is the spawn of Satan.

Crap... I'm beginning to sound like Liam.

Calm down, Louis. Its not the end of the world.

Oh wait. It is. Its the end of my world!

The jerk, who I am NOT proud to call my teacher, passed out papers explaining what the project would be about. The topic was minerals, and each partnership had to create a project about them and stuff. As you can probably tell, I suck at science. And school in general. Really, I'm surprised I made it this far.

"Alright, class. You may spend the last five minuets of class with your partner discussing what your project will be about." McKinnon anounced.

Great... Five minuets with this dweeb...