Chapter 4: May 1974- Suzi Quatro and The Wild Ones!

Joan and I had been friends for almost 2 years now. My brother and I now live with our Aunt. Our mom and dad decided that they didn't want to take care of us anymore. They gave up. That's why Jack and I live with our aunt Maggie. We don't live in the same neighbor hood as Joan, anymore.

It is our first year of high school. But Joan and I go to different schools. We would meet every Friday afternoon, after school. A girl named Suzi Quatro is the very first female rocker in history. Joan absolutely loves her. Her favorite song by Suzi Quatro is called "The Wild One."

On a Saturday afternoon of May 1974, Joan and I were walking around town. Joan needed to buy a new leather jacket. She went into a store and looked around while I was waiting for her outside. Later on, I saw Joan come out of the store. She started to run up to me. In the meantime, I decided to light up a cigarette. Joan finally arived up to me, (lost her breath) wearing a new leather jacket.

"Ohh, dude!" I said. "Who am I?" She asked. "Elvis." I answered. Joan made a face. "No, man." She said. "I'm the fucking Glycerine Queen." "Suzi Quatro" I said. "I'm the fucking Wild One!!" Joan screamed. I raised my arms. "YEAH!"

.....Later That Night.....

Joan and I were sitting againts a fence on the streets. Joan had a plastic bag againts her mouth and inhaled whatever was in it. She gave it to me and I did the same. Joan started playing her guitar, trying to learn the chords for "The Wild One" "All my life I wanted to be somebody, now HERE I AM!!!!" She screamed. I smiled and started to sing the rest of the beginning of the song. Joan joined in.

"My brother says that guys don't like girls who are tough." I told Joan. She gave me a look. "He says guys like girls who are soft and flirty." Joan gave me another look. "Yeah he would say that." She responded. "He's a pussy." I shook my head. "He spends a lot of time doing his bangs." Joan smiled. I went up to her and kissed her. Joan looked at me. I smiled thinking that I was so stupid for doing that. "I'm The Wild One!" I screamed. Joan smiled. Joan and I started singing the rest of "The Wild One." By Suzi Quatro.