Dream On

Jaycee's POV

       A new kid, whoop de doo! I thought as my best friend, Charlotte, went on and on about him... yes him. It's moments like these, when the new kid is A GUY, that I feel I belong in a movie or better yet a book. I snapped back to reality and tuned into what Char was saying. "So sexy, seriously...." she sighed, "I want him Jaycee, no, no I need him." Charlotte was defintently boy crazy. She had been since sixth grade. Honestly I think boys were crazy for her as well. She was gorgeous. Thin with short blonde hair, dark brown eyes and a clear complexion... not to mention her, well boobs, weren't to small either... she was portioned perfectly. Add a halo and hell she could be an angel! "JAYCEE!" Charlotte said annoyance covering her whole voice. "Hello? Are you listening?!" It was a rhetorical question; she knew I wasn't.

     I'm a dreamer. I often wander away from reality into my head. Ha it's probably a flaw. Charlotte's always trying to get me with a guy, just so I'll snap out of it. Honestly I'm not that interested in guys. I'm eighteen and have had two boyfriends. Chad Dylan... eighth grade, tore my heart out and stomped out it. (Only after he made out with me.) Gregory Crass... Sophmore year, a whole six months of dating, lost my virginity and then Gregory decided to disappear from my life. Sick bastard!

    I'm trying to protect my heart. In eighteen years I've had enough heart break! "Charlotte you have a boyfriend!" I said trying to talk sense into her head. "Do you remember Peter?" Peter was her boyfriend, had been for oh three months, which was pretty good. Charlotte had gone through most of the school population - of men - in four years. Apparently though they were in "love". BARF. "I'm not talking about me." She replied with a michevous smile.

"Hell. No." I said. "I'm not going to LIKE or DATE some guy. I don't care about that right now." I said calmly.

"Your a teenager girl and you don't care?" She practically shouted, "maybe you should give it another shot." She said more quietly.

"No, I am not giving it another shot. Let me graduate Char, then get on my ass about men." I spat the last word out as if it were poison.

"Fine Jay, but if you never open up, you'll never find love." She said giving me a look of pity. I didn't want pity. It's true I never really open up to people, nor do I make friends easily, but I'm fine with that. The friends I do have are close to me. That's all that matters right now, not some random guy.

Ben's POV

     I hate switching schools all the time! I guess when your parents own a succesful buisness like, Grey & Storm Law, and are expanding across the country it's your duty as a good son to move along with them. Bull shit. It had been my first day at Frida Moore High and although I loathed school, it was okay. I made some friends... one of which was speaking to me know. Sometimes I tune out way to much of the world. "Seriously Ben! You need a girlfriend... make a mark in the school. You're only a senior once." Peter said to me as we devoured a pizza. "I have had plenty of girlfriends." I said with ease, it was true. I went through girls like kleenex, but something about this year was different. I really didn't want to make out, hook up or get together with a girl, I wanted a year; at least a semester off. And so I told Peter for the third time in thirty minutes. He sighed and shrugged, "suite yourself, but the fresh man this year..." He sighed in thought. "If I could get my hands on one of those chics." He started to describe things I didn't want to hear. "OKAY I think I get the picture." I finally said loudly.

Peter laughed and then started talking about getting me a girl.

I sighed and blocked him out, ha I was like that... a dreamer. My dad hated it. He said I needed to man up and snap out of my day dreams. Psh I only stepped out of them for three things: Girls (Except this year), food, and possibly friends (that's iffy).

       I got home around six, of course my parents were away. "Hey let's watch a movie together dad. Mom let's play a heated game of chess." I yelled as if talking to people. I hate chess. I thought to myself as I flipped on a movie. Soon I fell asleep, snoring loudly as my ex, Whitney, would say.

      I woke up early in the morning. I yawned and looked at the clock, six. I stood up and stretched heading upstairs to shower. I looked in the mirror and ran a hand through my curly dark hair. I sighed and hopped in the steaming water.

     "Ben?" I heard my mom outside the bathroom door.

"Uh mom kinda busy." I said trying to sound annoyed.

"Benjamin I just need to ask you a question. Christ I gave birth to you!" She said matter-of-factly.

"EW, mom." I know had the image of my birth in my mind, not pretty.

I could hear her soft laughter. "Ben I was just wondering if you were having someone over at all?" She asked. "I would have the maid come today if you were."

"Mom, I'm taking a break from girls right now." I said stepping out of the shower. I looked around the badly decorated bathroom, we'd been living here for a week and I still felt like barfing everytime I stepped inside of it.

"Well hun I don't care whether it's a girl or boy. You know I don't judge." She said, I could hear her concern.

I choked back laughter. "Mom, no I'm not having anyone over. And believe me I still dig girls." I said firmly.

She sighed, "okay then, see you... sometime." She said and I heard her high heels against the wooden floor.

    Sometime AKA never. I hated being alone all the time, I wish I at least had a sibling or a dog. I looked in the mirror one last time. "No girls this year Ben."