Giant Sweater

I'm not pregnant! No, no, no! My knees are shaking. I keep staring down at my test. Waiting for it to become negative. My heart racing.

I check my phone. It should be done by now. I look down and read the results. Pregnant. I start hyperventilating dropping the test on the floor.

Oh no! This can't be real. What am I going to do?! How far along am I? I've been feeling a little bloated but, I had no idea. I had a bun in the oven.

This little bump on my stomach. Is my child. Robert's child! I broke it off with him. Once the media finds out. I will never have the peace.

No. I'm not telling anyone. Well, Katia is the only one who will know of course. I totally forgot she is still in the room. I see her pick up the test.

"You are pregnant. Here I thought you were getting fat." said Katia.

"That's very refreshing." I reply sarcastically.

"What are you going to do?"

"Nothing. I can't risk anyone finding out."

"You do realize that you can't hide being pregnant?"

"I know. But, I'm willing to try."

"You have to tell Robert."

"NO! I don't want anyone to know. Swear to me you won't say anything!"

Katia just looks at me. I then hear a loud groan come from her. She shakes her head disappointed.

"Okay. I still think your idea to keep it a secret is stupid." she sighed.

I just smile at her. Katia is right. I should tell. I just can't. Not only am I thinking of me. But, I'm think of my baby. The stress the media would give me.

It could harm to it. I feel bad having to hide this from Robert. He's the father. I know I'm doing the right thing.

I schedule an appointment with a doctor to find out how far long I am. Turns out I have been pregnant for seven weeks. One week from being two months without knowing.

Four months go by and I act as if nothing changed. I now wear this big sweater. Some people think I'm crazy. So, far no one has noticed.

I'm at home flipping through the channels. I find one channel of interest. Of course, it was Robert on the screen. Promoting his movie. I really do miss him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he found someone else. Jimmy Fallon soon brings up a question. One that involves me. I fangirl a little because Jimmy said my name. I love Fallon.

Fallon: I'm curious to know what happen to this Zelda girl you dated. Are you two still a thing?

Robert: Ugh, no.

Fallon: May I ask why?

Robert: Well, Jimmy from what I gathered. Some people don't like her. Assuming she is a gold digger.

Fallon: Was she?

Robert: Absolutely not. Rumors like that annoy me.

Fallon: It's understandable. Have you seen the recent video that went viral? Apparently, some of your fans attacked her. While going to the movies.

Robert: I do not recall.

Fallon: Do you mind if I show you the video? In my opinion, it is very appalling.

Robert: Sure go ahead.

I cup my hand over my mouth. They are showing that video. It felt as if I was experiencing that night over again. My heart racing from fear. I jump when the rock broke the window.