Chapter 1

A cup of black coffee, a couple bags roughly hung about the shoulders, and fierce determination—Morgan hurried forth in order to catch the cab to the location. Today was in fact the first day of her new job; an acquaintance of hers had called offering her a position as camera operator on John Cleese's new movie A Fish Called Wanda and she had jumped enthusiastically at the chance. As she flew past unfamiliar faces upon the sidewalk one was face clear in her mind: John Cleese. All her life she had been a huge admirer of his work, from At Last the 1948 Show to Monty Python and all their antics, and had fallen in love with the faux-proper, 6' 5" tall Englishman. Thoughts of Cleese ravaged her mind as she finally caught a cab and settled her equipment into the seats. 

  I can't believe I actually get to run camera on a movie for John Cleese! Maybe I'll even be able to talk to him, if I don't make a stupid blunder in my speech...

As the cab speed on through busy streets Morgan mused about all the different things she'd say to John when she met him. Finally the black taxi arrived upon its location and Morgan collected her bags and looked out at the new scene that greeted her. Immediately she was confronted by the figure of John Cleese standing about 10 yards away with his back towards her—but she knew it was him all the same, how could she not? My god he's so adorably tall... Morgan quickly reached for an introduction and for the courage to approach and speak to the handsome actor when another member of the camera crew noticed her arrival and began to explain how everything was going to work, how John wanted it, and which scenes they were going to do that day.

Though she tried her best to listen to what the nice man was saying she couldn't restrain her eyes from slowly drifting towards that tall, suited form, and those adorable flips at the ends of his hair. Suddenly John turned around and Morgan was confronted with his whole face—his beautiful, soft, innocent blue-green eyes, his long pointy nose, his lovely smile that almost turned her to complete mush. Her heart skipped a beat and her lungs could scarcely draw breath—her lips fought for air in the form of an audible gasp.

"Are you alright, miss?" the fellow cameraman asked in concern.

"What?.... Oh! Oh yes. I... I'm fine," Morgan staggered out, still recovering from the blow that had just been struck. He's so handsome. Even more handsome in person.

The cameraman, somewhat satisfied with Morgan's answer went back to his explanation of how the film was going to work and Morgan was actually able to concentrate due to the fact that John was walking away. Her excitement began to grow at the thought of filming; being fresh out of college this was the very first movie she had gotten the chance to work on, and boy was it the perfect first movie!

A few hours later saw Morgan set up with her camera and in the middle of shooting the scene where the 4 criminals steal the jewels; consequentially setting up the rest of the plot. Morgan was absolutely absorbed in her work—she wanted to make sure she got every shot perfect. This was her first opportunity to show how well she could direct the camera and in the back of her mind she knew she wanted to impress John.

At one point she was so enthralled in the workings of her camera that she hardly noticed when a figure came up behind her and stood to watch what she was doing. After a few moments passed Morgan finally became aware of a presence behind her, turned around, and in her astonishment uttered a small squeal.

"Oh I'm sorry! Terribly sorry! I was just watching you working with your camera and couldn't help noticing what an excellent job you're doing.  Thought I'd come over and tell you to keep it up," John Cleese announced apologetically, putting his hands up in sincerity.

Morgan was completely stunned. Her stomach flipped as though she was on a roller coaster and her mouth hanged slightly open in absolute astonishment. She attempted to utter a reply but no words would issue from her mouth. Stunned by the fact that John Cleese was now standing mere feet away from her she had become as talkative as a marble statue—his handsome features had never appeared so close to her ever before and her mind was filled with nothing but his handsome, middle-aged face and his sweet, shy, Cleesey smile.

"Well jolly good job..." John paused, obviously waiting for Morgan to fill in her name.

"Morgan," she finally managed to squeak out.

"Jolly good job there, Morgan. Glad to have you in the crew. I do hope this movie turns out, but I'm sure with your help we're headed in the right direction," John announced albeit somewhat shyly, smiling all the while.

"Thank you very much, I'm more than enthused to be working here. I'll be sure to do my very best for you John. I mean Mr. Cleese!" Morgan blushed. She had forgotten that she had never actually met John formally although she referred to him all the time as John to herself and felt as though they had been friends for years.

"Oh no that's quite alright, call me John. Please," John insisted jovially and uttered an adorable laugh.

"Well do carry on, I'm sorry to have distracted you. It was jolly good to meet you, Morgan." John's eyes flashed tenderly at Morgan.

"Oh you're not distracting me at all," Morgan laughed. John smiled once more and took off in the direction of the set. Disappointed that her first meeting with John Cleese had come to an end she turned around to carry on with her camera work. Not two seconds later she glanced back around only to make eye contact with John who was looking back at her as well. Morgan whipped her head back around to hide her blushing cheeks and fumbled to make sense of the buttons on her camera. 

It's as if his eyes can pierce right through to the deepest parts of my soul...