Prologue

Walking through the crowded hallway, I struggled to make my way to the main gym. It was the first day of school and everyone was either talking to their friends by the lockers or walking around with their schedules trying to figure out which room their class is in. Once I made it to the main gym, I looked at the signs attached to each table searching for the letter of my last name.

"H-M," I whispered to myself walking towards the table. Stepping in line I waited patiently before it was my turn to ask for my schedule.

"Name?" asked the lady behind the desk.

"Clarice Johnson," I answered politely. Scanning her eyes on a paper she eventually found my name pulling out the yellow sheet from her neatly filed binder.

"Have a nice day," she smiled handing me my schedule. I smiled in return making my way back into the crowded hallway reading through my classes quietly.

"P1: ACTIVE PHYSICS

P2: HISTORY

P3: ART

P4: ENGLISH

P5: MATH

P6: CREATIVE WRITING

P7: FREE PERIOD-"

Looking at the clock it read 7:05. I have at least 15 minutes till the bell rings for first period, I thought to myself, I could probably go to the library and look for a new book to read-. Before I could finish debating with myself, Sasha shoves me roughly causing me to trip and collide with the lockers.

"Watch it," she snapped. Her clique laughing at the end following her like lost puppies.

"Bitch," I muttered under my breath straightening myself back up. Sasha always messed with me, mainly because everything about me was natural. My eyelashes, my hair, body everything! Also because I was smart. Not to kiss my own ass, but my report cards always came back with all A's and unlike her, I chose education over partying. That's another explanation to why I skipped two grades. I would've been a sophomore this this year, but instead I'm a senior. It feels nice, somewhat an achievement to be ahead, but it still sucks because I don't have anyone my age to hang out with and seniors don't want to hang out with a 16 year old. Sometimes it bothers me, but I get used to the solitude. The library is where I spend most of my time at during lunch and QST (Quiet Study Time); reading is my escape from reality. Deciding where to chill at, I head to the entrance, I'm sure you have an idea where.

*10 minutes later*

The first warning bell rung through the speakers causing the eruption of teenagers scatter through the hallway. Checking out the book, the Color Purple, I walked out the library only to stop in my tracks. Everyone was moving themselves to the side as the two most popular guys strolled through the hall with proud and arrogant smirks on their faces.

Aaquil and Khalif Brown, better known in school (and in the streets) as Slim Jimmy and Swae Lee.