Chapter 4 : Deathless

THE EIGHTH TIME

Chapter 4

Deathless

What exactly were you suppose to do in a situation like this? By situation like this I mean getting caught while you’re just about to jump off a cliff to off yourself, and being told to back flip.

            On one hand the idea was good, and it would definitely be epic to at least back flip once in my life, on the other hand, what the heck is going on here?

            Hi my name is Keegan Bundy and I should have taken into consideration the “people hanging around” factor before deciding death by bungee jumping without a bungee and by a rocky cliff that so does not apply to bungee jump.

            My hand wrapped around the fence again and I turned around to face whoever had just stopped me from finally killing myself.

            I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t hoping, praying, that it would be the blond alien chick with inflatable boobies. I didn’t recognize the voice, but I still hadn’t heard her, and the voice was kind of hot so she definitely could fit.

            Of course I wished it was her, I kind of had been fantasising about her all day long, but it wasn’t her.

            Of course it wasn’t her.

            Why would things be magically alright for once?

            No, the person who had just stopped me from jumping was a girl, yes, but it wasn’t the girl. She was wearing a dark red hoodie, Texas A&M embroidered in white letters on the boobies—yes I stared there, sue me—the hood on her head, brown hair coming from both side of her face barely below her shoulders in length. I couldn’t really say if she was fat or skinny because of the hoodie, she didn’t look overly tall or short from where I stood, I couldn’t clearly see her face…

            At this point all she was to me was the mean mean person who had just stopped me from killing myself and was the cause for yet another failed tentative.

            “What do you want,” I grumbled.

            Oh wow, so clever, that’s really all I can come up with? But then again it’s not like I said something completely random like “Crakatoes unicorns”. Okay, again, wow, what’s wrong with me?

            “Nothing, I just can’t let you jump. I’m pretty positive that there’s a law that states that if you don’t help someone in a deadly situation it’s a felony, and I really don’t want to do jail time, I’m too pretty for prison and I always drop the soap… wait that only applies to men right?” She looked up to the sky, making a face, scratching the top of her hood. “What happens to women in prison?”

            Woah. Okay, this girl is crazy. Well that’s nice that means I can still jump. Rejoice world, all is not lost!

            “That’s lovely, now go back to your hospital room; normal people are trying to do their normal people thing here. Move along,” I waved, holding on tight to the railing with the hand that wasn’t whooshing her away.

            “ ’Fraid I can’t do that,” she replied after making a clicking sound with the side of her cheek.

            Oh for crying out loud!