Lies & Secrets & Pandas, Oh My! (1)

Naruko's POV

If there's one thing I am, its blunt.

I mean, genuinely, if I had to choose one of my more redeeming qualities, that would be one of them. If there's one thing I love about myself, it's that. Yeah, I know, what an uncanny trait, however, I don't have a lot else going on for me here.

Well, I mean I guess I have my brother, but he really isn't a trait of mine and even if he was...well, do I really have to justify this? Don't get me wrong, I love Naruto and he's an astounding brother, an amazing twin and I sincerely am grateful to have him around.

It's just...he's protective. Like, way too overprotective. He pampers me, restricts me to our home and never lets me do anything by myself. It's growing to the point where I feel like I can't breathe whenever he suffocates me with affection and protectiveness.

And, so that's why I do everything in my ability to be as free as I can, as free as the birds in the sky, whose older brothers don't smother them with affection and try to stop them from flying, or in my case, becoming a ninja.

...which is why what I'm about to do will all make absolute sense...maybe...

-

"Ko'?" my brother called.

Humming, I tilted my head in his direction with the few bright red strands that left my bun. Dulled, violet eyes that practically looked lilac shifted their gaze to my brothers own bright azure blue.

"Yeah, Ru?" I inquired softly. I briefly let my eyes roam back to the paper in front of me, ink brush in hand as I let the point of the brush make a board line down before moving to dip my brush again.

"I gotta head to class, will you be okay home alone?" my brother responded. I resisted the urge to huff and roll my eyes and, thankfully, managed to give him a small smile.

"Of course, you need to stop worrying so much, besides, I've got Nima here with me, don't I?" A small smirk threatened to form as I overheard the small sigh my twin released. I was right, of course, but more importantly, he knew it.

"Yeah, I suppose you do. I'll be back before 4:00 to take you to your class tonight, okay?" He was procrastinating, again.

Heaving a small sigh, I straightened my back and turned to look back at the scroll before me and reached for my brush. "Nii-san, go. You don't want to be late on your first day as a genin. "

He paused, just for a moment, but none the less, I knew he had. He just needed one more light push. Setting my brush down, I turned around this time to gaze him down completely. "Nii-san, if you're not out of the door before I stand up to close it, you will be in big trouble, do you hear me?"

He obviously didn't believe me, of course, he was my brother after all and that meant he was headstrong, however, I am my mother's daughter's and never let it be said that she couldn't do anything she wanted to do.

Smiling gently, I stood up slowly as I began to release a little of my KI and with a shrill yelp, he was out the door before I could even fully stand up. Letting out a weary yet satisfied sigh, I waved my brother off from the door as he ran with his tail between his legs...with the same small, sweet smile on my face.

I made my way over to my writing station before setting my supplies away and proceeding to make my way towards the door and with a grin that was just a little too sinister to be even remotely considered righteous in any manner.

Reaching the door, I stretched behind me and grabbed the back of my white yukata's bright, crimson obi and undid it. I allowed it to fall to the floor before my yukata soon followed. And then, I stood there in my ninja uniform.