The Dilemma

Somehow or other, it's been a whole year since I published the first ever chapter of Connections (my first ever story too). So, I thought, why not bring the characters back for a second outing?

I thoroughly enjoyed writing the first instalment and I think it's about time for something a little more lighthearted compared to Lifeline, well...

The action kicks off summer 2015, although this chapter here is written ahead of that. In need of a recap or have no idea what's going on?- Feel free to message me or have a read back :)

Updates will be slower this time, but I'll try and get at least a chapter out per week. So, uh, sit back and enjoy (?)

Monaco, December 2015

The light caught my engagement ring as I wrapped my light cardigan around me. The diamonds sparkled and made the gems look a pale blue, maybe even green. I twiddled it around, not being able to stop a smile from playing on my lips. I hadn't taken the thin silver band off of my finger since it had been put on and, I wasn't planning on doing so.

It may have only been sat proudly on there for a few months but that didn't stop an unfamiliar feeling rising within me every time I caught sight of it. Happiness was the initial feeling- not the bog standard buzz that you got after a joke was told, but a feeling that took hold of you, gripping your insides so you felt lucky to be where you were. It was an emotion that couldn't quite be topped.

I was stood on our veranda. It was the very beginning of December and it was windy. In the distance I could see the pristine water through the rooftops and that was another reminder that I was incredibly lucky to call this place home.

Besides the yachts bobbing up and down on the water, and the feeling of security emanating from my left ring finger, I knew I couldn't stay in that position all day. Amazingly, I had been left to do all of the packing for our upcoming trip across the globe- in little under twenty-four hours we'd be departing for a month in Australia.

The sounds of high pitched laughter filled the air and I tore my eyes away from my glistening finger. Daniel had Felipinho hanging from his arm and he was swinging him around. Judging by the fact that Daniel was making a louder sound than Felipe Massa's son, I think he was enjoying it more. Maybe too much. My ovaries were also enjoying my fiancé bonding with a small child that Paul had kindly said we'd look after for an afternoon.

But then that made me feel ever so slightly sick and a knot appeared in the bottom of my stomach. Relax, Saskia. Tell him later once he's sorted things out with the team. They're his priority at the moment. His mobile was going to ring any minute now...

"I think he wants a drink," Daniel panted, finally stopping and smirking as Felipinho gripped onto his waist. Felipinho shook his head and Daniel glared at him. He then changed his shake into a nod and the splitting image of his Dad rolled his eyes at me. That kid was hilarious.

"And what is Felipinho wanting, a beer?" I placed a hand on my hip as the five year old giggled. I forgot that children found the mention of alcohol funny. Mind you, I often did when I had been consuming it. Except Tequila, but we won't go there (especially after Austin).

"Yup, sounds good. Thanks... "

"And what are you wanting to drink, mister?" I looked at Massa's child and held my hands out. He launched himself at me and I was left with no choice but to take his hand and lead him into our apartment. I could sense Daniel watching us as we went. Butterflies appeared and I told myself to pull myself together and calm down. The Aussie was probably pissed that I'd stolen his play mate for a few minutes, forcing him to tidy up the area which the pair had decimated. Literally, Lego was every-bloody-where.