The Heist

Hiya!! So I know it's been a while since I've posted. I've completely forgotten about Wattpad, and I had quit writing most stories. Then I stumbled on this story idea. I decided to post it.  :) Enjoy. oh and the cover was done by cudge407!~*~*~*~

Once someone told me that I was destined for greatness. Another person told me I was a failure. In honesty, I believed the second person. It seemed like life was moving backwards for me. Nothing ever went right, and I was the most unlucky person in the world. And not many people understand. I've been running from everything. It was all my life that I've been running. Ever since I remember, I was hiding under the streets and sleeping in cars. I never really got to step outside and play normally with other kids. I never got to go to a school and learn like the other kids.

Instead my life consisted of physical training twenty four, seven. I solved puzzles and invented weapons. I fought people five years older me, learned parkour, and had to learn martial arts. There was never any time for fun. There was never any time to spend with the people I loved and knew. It was get up and go all the time. I gave up trying to be a kid because it never happened.

I couldn't blame anybody except for my father. My father was the root of this operation, but he was also the center of my complaints. At the age of five, he did something very bad and ever since, we've been running. Dad lead me all the way down to the sewers with mom. He said it was safer if we stayed here for awhile, but then other people started to show up. My dad said we were a rebellion.

I didn't know what that was before, but now I do. Society up there was wrong—is wrong. It was very wrong. A dictator ruled everything and everyone. Everyone was brainwashed to worship this one person. I didn't think it was right either. I watched my father and these people train everyday, and we called ourselves “Snakes”.

Dad always said that one day, he would light up the darkness that this dictator gave the world. So many of the adults went out to do what was right, but they were caught. My mom was one of those people. She never came back. A lot of people never came back. My dad almost got caught rescuing them until his remaining team told him to let it go and to turn around.

But after most of our team was captured, we weren't “Snakes” anymore. We were sneaky enough but we always got caught. In the tabloids, they called us “The Convicts” because we were always caught. My dad kept it since the term convicts hasn't been used since 2014. But the we were slipping. There were only fifty adults instead of the one hundred fifty we started with. As for the kids, there were only seven of us old enough to handle a job like this. The rest were under thirteen.

After we lost everybody, we knew it was time for our kids to step up. Tonight was the night of our first mission. It was going to be big. Everyone up there would be talking about it, and the Convicts would be the talk of the world. The dictator would go nuts. What we were taking tonight could change the entire world. It would be like the Ides of March. The dictator would finally be taken out of power just like Julius Caesar.

The problem was trying to get away from the older, wiser ones still here with us. They didn't know about us going to do this. Actually, they thought that we were tucked away in bed. They were so wrong. Right now, I was sitting on my bed, suiting up for our big gig. I pulled on my white camo cargo pants and put on my sneakers. I grinned at these sneakers. They were vintage. Way back when, they were called “Chuck Taylor's”. Apparently they were an iconic brand. I slipped on my sleeveless zipper hoodie and grinned. I was so ready.

Ella, my friend, gave me a look. I chuckled and grabbed my messenger bag and helmet off of my small desk. She grabbed her gun.

“Is it time to go,” she asked me.