Chapter 1

Amara's P.o.v -

I sat there in the dug out looking over the field that brought back memories that I wished to forget.

I spotted Maggie making her way to me.

She had been my teammate here in Florida.

I had played softball for Florida State University.

I was a pitcher and occasionally an outfielder if I was up to it.

While she played short shop most of the time and left field

She was just a like me small girl who came from a small town but she was born and raise in Rode Island.

I came from Palo Alto. The Bay Area where it was always cloudy and foggy unlike Florida.

Still pretty crappy weather but Florida was far away from Palo Alto.

And most importantly Los Angeles.

"Hey what are you doing?? get up and cheer with me pleaseeee ?" she begged gesturing it towards the group of girls huddled around one another.

  "I really don't feel like it Maggs .. I mean I shouldn't even be here I promised myself I would never get on a field again, honestly look at me this is so pointless" I argued tightening my ankle brace.

I got up an went to the bathroom again. It had been around the 5 time today during this game.

I always did it to past by time or just to simply be forgotten about.

But to my luck Maggie followed me this time.

She had been my first friend that I made in general when I first came to Florida.

She was also my roommate , and I plan for her to be my roommate for as long as I stay in Florida.

I was snapped back into reality by the sound of her hitting her leg on the side sink.

"Shit" she cursed to herself before looking at me.

"Come on Amara ! you're one of the top girls on this team and from Palo Alto high school, everyone was trying to scout you not to mention you lead Palo alto High School's Varisty Softball team to the Nationals all the 4 years you were there! You are a fucking champ now start acting like it ! " she reminded me placing her hands on my shoulders.

Maggie always had a way of making me feel better.

It was true, I lead my high schools varsity to nationals four years in a row. No girl ever accomplished that.

Me being a pitcher made it an even bigger deal. But this wasn't Palo Alto.

Everything had changed so drastically.

We had finally went back up to the field.

Shanna the rest of the girls, were waiting for coach Riley to tell us our places on the field.

"Carrillo you better be warm your switching out with Stevens " she stated looking around for me.

I had been a bit shorter than most of the girls there so it took her a while to find me.

"You know I always am coach" I answered softly before , grabbing my glove and went out the mound.

I began to warm myself up.

I found myself always wanting to be out here less and less.

Truthfully as long as I got us out of the inning I would be okay.