Chapter 8 - We didn't do it!

Chapter 8

We didn’t do it!

Over the loud speaker we heard the principle making an announcement.

“Good afternoon students, can I please see a Robyn Moore and Carlos Brown in my office immediately.” Her voice was scary over the loud speaker, everyone shivered as she spoke. I knew that Carlos and I were in for some trouble. As we got to the main office and walked up the stairs to her office we stopped just before we knocked on the door we looked at each other, kissed and then Carlos knocked…

“Come in” Ms Constable sounded not very impressed. I was really scared but I was confused. We hadn’t done anything wrong and she wouldn’t have found out about our plan when we only just accomplished it? Could she? “Sit” her voice was cold, dead like she had been dead for hundreds of years. We both sat down.

“You wanted to see us Ms Constable?” Carlos sounded scared, but I mean who could blame him. The Principle was a freak, I mean she helped me with my problem with Myune but she was still a freak.

“Yes I did. I just had a student come in to my office and say that they saw you two graffiti the school bathrooms. Then when I went to go check there was graffiti in both girls and boys bathrooms. I don’t know how you did it, but you managed to do it. Robyn I am most disappointed in you. This is something I would never see you do.”

“That’s the thing Ms Constable I didn’t do it. Neither did Carlos we have been in our classes all day and we haven’t been to the bathroom all day either.” I tried to explain.

“Do you have witnesses that you were in class and at breaks the whole day?” she asked assuming we would say no.

“Yes we do. Matina was in our Physics class this morning.  Alex was with us at first break. Lauren was with us during English. Jack was with us for lunch and then Mr. Dhabi for gym class. We have had our friends as well as teachers and other students see us around the school the whole day and not once did we set foot in the bathrooms. We swear.” I tried to explain to her again.

“Robyn as much as I want to believe you and Carlos… I just don’t think your story is true. I am sorry to say but I am going to have to suspend you two for two weeks of school.” She sounded very disappointed.

“NO I SWEAR WE DIDN’T DO IT!” I started crying.

“Please Ms Constable can you take the investigation further to prove either us right or you right. We didn’t do it but can you please still take it further before you take any immediate action?” Carlos tried to ask while holding me and comforting me.

“You make a very good argument but I don’t see the need.”

“Please miss we have told you everything. If we did graffiti the bathrooms we would have told you by now.” That was completely true. Knowing me I would have blurted it to her and she knew that.

“I guess you are right I mean knowing Robyn you would have already told me. That gives me that little bit extra happiness to know that you two may not have been the graffiti artists. So I will do what you suggested Carlos and ask the CSI to come and investigate. You guys get the week to relax but next week I will be seeing you two in my office to discuss this further and hopefully for your sake I am wrong, but if I am right and you guys lied to me then you can see yourselves in a week’s detention and two week’s suspension.”

“Thank you so much.” Carlos and I said in unison. We walked out the door all happy and cheerful. As soon as we were out the door we hugged and then we kissed. We were both so happy but really scared. Hoping that they wouldn’t find anything with our fingerprints on it cause then we would have some explaining to do to our parents. For the next week we had tones of FBI agents at our school, constantly going in and out of the school bathrooms. Everybody kept looking at Carlos and I weirdly, like as if we were murderers. The end of the week came, fast, but we knew what was a head of us, so just act natural like we did nothing wrong. Which in this case…was true. Then once again like a week ago we heard the loud speaker go off and immediately new it was for us. This moment would now determine our fate.

 ____________________________________________________________

*Ok maybe it wasn't as long as I intended it to be. But I can promise you the next one is longer! rate and comment! thanks*