Hypnotic Eyes (Edward Scissorhands)

He was beautiful. A lost soul longing to hold someone close to him. I'm not sure what drew me to him. Maybe it was the mystery he gave off. Maybe it was how innocent he remained even with those scars on his face. But I think the biggest reason I fell in love with such a strange boy.. Was those beautiful brown sleepless eyes that managed to stare directly into my own soul. No matter how strange he was... odd or unique or whatever words those people used to spit out.. I was undeniably in love with the boy with scissor hands.

            It started in late November. Sure, It still felt like summer. But then again, time did seem to stop after the accident. My world slowed down, the lawyers came. I would be living with my Aunt for the week. She'd like to think it was more so she could get more money from the state, but I'll be 18 next week. I'd move out, I'd be on my own. I'd get out of this lame town, I couldn’t stand the women who just stood outside their houses and gossiped about other people's lives which were just as lonely as theirs.

            It took every bit of strength I had to knock on that god forsaken door. I had always hated Aunt Joyce. She was clingy and a bit of a slut. Sure, she was just lonely, but at this point she would probably bang the next guy she met.

            "Good Lord, Peg, I told you I was busy!" Her voice draws closer to the door and her faces drains as she sees me at the door instead of Peg. "Oh. Christalien."

            I plaster a fake smile on my face " Aunt Joyce. You agreed to take me in at the court session, remember?" she twists a piece of her red mane in her fake nails.

            "I remember." She snaps her gum "I just wasn't expecting you." She pouts and nervously stares at the car in her driveway "Look, Chistie, Why don’t you go see everyone? We missed you this past summer." before I can reply she shuts the door and I let out a sigh. I walk across the street to Kim's house, Noticing Peggy through the living room window, I quickly skip up to the door and knock lightly. A confused Peg answers.

            "Chistie. What a nice surprise. Ah, is it summer already?" I shake my head and she invites me inside.

            "Ah no, I'm supposed to be staying with Joyce this week but" I sigh "She has 'company'" I do air quotes "She's trying to get laid by the plumber again." I sigh and sit boredly on her couch "Where's Kim?"

            "Oh. She's camping in the mountains with some friends until Sunday Night" Peg peeks around the corner of the doorway to the living room. "I've got someone I want you to meet, Christie" She motions someone in the room and my eyes widen as a boy, almost a man but still to innocent looking, steps in. He was dressed in leather, holing a pile of folded cloths with his.. Hands. Scissor hands to be exact. Five blades. The scars on his pale complexion must be from said hands. I stand and my eyes catch onto his chocolate ones.

            "Hello." The song escapes from his lips. It was beautiful. An angel, surely. My breath catches and I step closer.

            "Hello. I’m Christalien" My eyes read his, and a small smile falls upon his scarred lips.

            "Edward. It's nice to meet you." Our eyes are torn away when the phone rings. Peggy works her way to the phone.

            "Ah! Edward, You can change in Kim's room. Christie, can you show him where that is?" I shrug and nod for him to follow, going to the second to last room down the hall. He places the cloths down in front of the mirror and becomes intrigued with his reflection.

            "I don’t see how she expects you to get dressed with those hands.." I push some of my brown bangs back. "Do you want some help?" He looks at his hands, then to me.