CHAPTER ONE : STARR HIGGINS

“Starr, honey, when are you going to bring in your boyfriend? Daddy and I want to meet him.” I glared at my mum.

“Mum, how many times have I told you that I DON’T have a boyfriend? DON’T as in DO NOT.”

“Are you still waiting for that boy who promised to marry you in preschool? I’m pretty sure that it was just a childhood promise, he probably didn’t mean it,” Dad chirped in. I turned to glare at my dad.

“Dear, that’s right. Don’t listen to them. You don’t have to get a boyfriend until you’re 40. Hell, you don’t ever have to get one. Just focus on your studies. You don’t want to wind up like grandma and grandpa do you? Poor with 13 kids and having to survive on the streets?” This time I turned to grimace at grandma.

“Grandma,” I whined, “I want to get married and have kids. I don’t understand! Don’t you want great grand children?” Then I turned back and glared at dad again, “Dad, I seriously don’t remember any childhood memories. Did I really get proposed to when I was a kid?” Mum and dad nodded.

“Those were good times,” mum said while reminiscing and dad nodding along, “you know, that boy was really sweet, although he did get bullied a lot but lucky for him, our Starr was there to save him.” I stared at my parents like they were aliens.

“Really now?” My eyebrow was raised and my hands were folded against my chest. I could slightly hear grandpa snoring behind me and grandma knitting silently beside me, most probably ears dropping like the nosy old woman she is.

“Well, you don’t have to believe us. That’ll be for the best so you then can quickly find a boyfriend once you forget about your childhood crush.” I groaned aloud, making grandpa stir in his peaceful slumber and grandma to look at me.

“Mum, dad, I’m nearly seventeen! Can’t I make my own life decisions?”

“It’s because you’re nearly seventeen that we want you to have a boyfriend! We want someone to look after you – after we’ve approved of him, of course – just in case something happens at work. You know…dangerous things.” Mum looked at me sadly while dad patted my back.

“Nothing is going to happen to you two, I know it,” I grabbed one of their hands and squeezed it lightly, “you guys are professionals, right?” Mum and dad smiled, wrinkles creasing parts of their face.

“We are.” Dad said.

“We are the top two BEST policeman/woman in the whole state!” Mum and dad said together. I laughed.

“You guys are so corny! Now, go and make me a baby brother or sister!” I shouted as I walked out of the lounge room. A pillow hit my back, making me laugh even more. I love my parents. I walked towards my room and entered, closing my door behind me. I checked my alarm clock and it was already 10:30pm. I yawned, my eyes stingy with tears and fatigue. I fell onto my bed and was asleep in an instant.

“Give me the toy.” A little, fat boy demanded as his hands were extended outwards in front of another little boy who seemed so scared. His hands clutched on the fire truck toy like it was his life and if he were to give it away or even to trade it then he would die.

“No,” the weak little boy squeaked, tears about to stream out of his eyes, “no, I can’t give you this toy. My daddy gave it to me before he left. You can’t.” He held his toy close to his chest.

“What? Do you want me to punch you?” The fat little boy threatened the weak boy with a fist held behind his giant head. Just as the punch was about to land on the weak little boy I stepped in, my arms spread out, protecting him.

“You can’t hit him. I will tell Miss and then she will tell your parents.” The fat little boy gave a fake laugh.

“Then I’ll just hurt you instead.”Just as he held his fist back for another punch, I straightened my stance.

“My parents are police officers, so if you hit me, I won’t blame them if they use their gun on you.” The fat little boy shrank away.

“Alright, you can get away this time.”He started to walk away but I stopped him.

“Oh,” I said, the fat little boy looked back at me, “hurt anyone else, especially this little boy here, and,” I pretended to slit my throat, “you have been warned.”The fat little boy gave a little shriek then ran away. I smiled to myself then turned back towards the scared little boy.

“Are you ‘kay?” I asked carefully, holding my hand out to him. He grabbed it and smile.

“Yeah. You were really cool! Are your parents really police officers?” I nodded.

“They are! And is that toy a present from your dad?”

“Hehe, it is. He asked me what I like the most and I said a fire truck so he bought it for me…but then one day he left.” He started to rub his eyes as tears were falling. I patted his back.

“It’s okay. I’m sure he will come back one day because he loves you. Just like how my daddy and mummy loves me.” I grinned at him while he grinned back.

“Mm,” he agreed.

“My names Starr, what’s your name?”

“My name’s Stark,” he giggled a little, and then he continued, “Our names sounds alike.” I was a bit slow but then I started to laugh.

“It does! Starr and Stark!” I laughed a little louder.

“Starr, your parents are here to pick you up!” I lightened up at the thought of seeing my parents but when I turned back to look at Stark, he seemed sad. I smiled at him.

“It’s okay Stark, I’ll see you…tomorrow?” His face immediately lit up.

“Mm, that’s a promise!” He held out his pinky and I gladly took it with mine.

After that, random flashbacks of us two just hanging out at the preschool started to fill my vision and a sudden yearning for him developed.

The scene suddenly changed and we were at our preschool again, Stark was holding my hand. He opened his mouth—

BEEP BEEP! BEEP BEEP! I woke with a jolt, wracking my brain so that my dream could continue. What was he about to say? Stark? I checked my alarm clock and groaned. It was 2:50am in the morning. Dammit, I forgot to change the alarm clock back to 7:30am since I don’t have to study anymore. Crap, what was he about to say?

DUNDUNDUNDUNDUN~~~ what was Stark about to say?? 

Well, did you guys like it? It's not my first story but I really want to stick with this because I, personally, really like so I hope you guys do too!! 

LIKE, COMMENT AND MAYBE FAN? ~~

-CauseImAwesome123

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED