Prologue

"Do you have your phone?"

"Yes, dear."

"And-"

"I have everything that I always pack when going away. Can you please stop worrying?"

She pouted.

"I'll call you as soon as I land."

Malik Franco, a 35-year-old investor, kissed his wife, Elena Perry, 33 goodbye.

"Drive safe," Elena told him and slapped his ass on his way out.

Malik gave a slight smile as he headed to his car and waved at a young girl that was jogging by.

She waved back and smiled back at him.

Elena frowned, watching the girl until she turned the corner. Though she didn't like what the girl was wearing, she knew not to get jealous.
Her husband was an eye candy after all.
With sandy blonde hair, that was clipped just above his ears.
Freckles that dotted his strength nose.
And soft pouty lips that would always kiss Elena ever so sweetly.
Not to mention his strong jawline.
All those things made women attracted to him.

It was what caught Elena's attention in that bar on a Wednesday night.
Heck, it was what got everyone's attention, even her friends.
But he only talked to Elena that night, and it got them upset and said some nasty things about her.
Leaving her to see that they weren't her friends after all.

But Elena didn't know for certain if Malik would cheat on her. He never showed signs.
But with him being such a successful businessman, every woman wanted him.
And all the men wanted to do business with him.

Everyone wanted him at their parties or to say something nice about them on his social media platforms because if he didn't, then that meant you were a nobody.

But Malik wasn't that much of a people pleaser. He knew his limits, knew when and where to draw the line, and who to never cross paths with.

And even though many women (single and taken) threw themselves at him, he would ignore them or show the ring on his finger.

Elena watched as the black Audi a4 drove away until it was no longer visible.

She wished him well on his business trip to San Francisco.
She was hoping that he would get home sooner than he said.

Elena looked at her ring with a little frown.
She never took on her husband's last name, finding it tacky and old-fashioned. Besides, she always had a feeling that he hid things from her.

For example, that time, he came home with lipstick stain on his shirt collar.
She also never thought it normal was for anyone to have 3 business trips in a week.

Malik always played it off, saying that maybe it was from getting hugs from female clients.
Or the females at his company trying to stir mischief.
He also told her that he was in high demand, with his company wanting him to be all over the place because he was their best worker yet.

Elena sighed as she looked around the large house and felt lonely.

Even after living the for so many years, she still couldn't get used to being all alone.

She sometimes hated that Malik had to be away so often, making her all a lonelier.

Elena thought she would have had a child by now, but no matter how hard they tried, they still failed.
That made Elena dead on the inside.

The house felt empty to her. It didn't have life to it, with its white bare walls that had white walls and no painting.

She used to think of it as an asylum and didn't feel like a home should.

Elena would love to fill it with small laughter and parties for her children, though.

Elena walked to the kitchen and then looked around with a sigh. She didn't have any friends to call and invite over, nor did she have any family, seeing that her parents were all she knew.

At first, it didn't bother the red hair, brown eye beauty, because she took over her father's law firm and also works part-time as a news reporter. She thought she had it all, but not having friends to communicate with was now taking a toll on her.

Elena cleaned the mess in the kitchen and then went to her yoga class.
Malik always told her he liked her tight ass, so she exercised as much as possible to stay in shape.

At 4 a.m., her pager had gone off, and she was to report on an accident that occurred where a truck that was carrying telephone poles overturned on a car, killing the two occupants inside.

Elena smacked her full natural red lips together after cherry lip gloss was applied. She checked to make sure her fair skin was blemish-free and smooth as ever. Her heart-shaped face was perfect like always.

She looked inside her small upturned nose, for she knew that the camera showed everything.

She then ran her hands down her curvy body, then through her mid-back length hair.

She gave the make-up team a thumbs up, grabbed her mic, and went on the street, ready to do the report.

******
Follow me on Social Media @ Author Pjjordan.