Chp ~ Six

I looked down at my watch, 12.20. I groaned as I got up from the couch and shuffled my way over to the door. Another hot flush pulsed its way through my body stopping me in my tracks. “Ouch.” I breathed. I peered through the peep hole, unbolted the door and held it open.

“Hope I didn’t wake you?” Seth asked.

“No of course not. What normal person is awake at 12.20 in the morning?” I suddenly took a look at the bigger picture, Seth was here, I felt my spirits soar and my heart beat heavily in my chest. “It’s all good.” I gestured to the couch and we both took a seat.

“So here to explain to me why I smell?” I asked smiling seductively.

Seth laughed nervously, “Well yeah, only if you’re up to it. It’s pretty late.”

“Go ahead, I’m all ears.” I encouraged him, stifling a yawn.

“I don’t know where to start without freaking you out.”

“Well, as long as you’re not here to kill me, which I highly doubt you will, I won’t be freaked.”

“I’m not going to kill you, but still, it’s pretty scary.” Seth breathed, still nervous. I watched him intently as he tried various to tell me whatever it was he wanted to tell me. I felt a constant need to be near him, closer, to reach out and touch him. I needed him; this was strange unlike anything I had ever felt before. I’d spent my entire life learning to only need myself but the way I was attracted to Seth was something indescribable.

“Ok don’t strain yourself,” I smiled, “let me guess.”

He laughed, “You can try.”

“Ok so you’re worried I can’t handle it...” I guessed.

He nodded

“...well I can, don’t be worried. After everything I’ve seen and been through in my life, whatever it is will probably not shake me.”

“It’s just there’s a lot of bad stuff out there Rheanan and I’m not sure if I want to bring you into that.” He said. He talked as if he owned me. But that wasn’t what bothered me, truth was I wanted to be his but I didn’t understand why it was me he wanted.

“Believe me, Seth, I bet you I’ve seen most of it.” I looked away, “Why don’t I just tell you something about myself and if you’re not freaked then you can tell me.” I said my voice shaky. He looked up confused and nodded. “Look I’ve never told anyone this, apart from my family, but they’re all the same,“ I breathed out heavily, “I’m not all human, Seth, I’m not like other girls.” I looked into his dark eyes for some small sign of acceptance. My body melted from the inside out when I found it. Seth looked intrigued. Seth flung himself at me pulling me into a tight hug.

“So what are you?”

“Um, well I’m kind of a witch; like magics and all that. Nothing super special like seeing the future or hearing thoughts.” I said, unsure why it was so easy for me to tell Seth this. I’d never told anyone in my life mainly because they’d be scared of me or think I was mentally unstable. It was true that I’d seen nearly everything supernatural there was to see, the good and the bad, thanks to my parents. I thought back to the other day in the woods where I had seen Embry. Just thinking of Embry made my heart tingle the same way it did when I saw Seth. But Seth was here now and I couldn’t possibly tell him that. Seth stared at me with wide eyes, I didn’t know whether to regret telling him or not.

“You’re not scared of me?”

“No.” Seth laughed.

“Why?” I asked confused,” Not that I want you to be scared of me.”

“Because, I’m not all human either.”

“You’re a werewolf too?” I gasped.

“Well yeah, but some people think were shifters, we don’t even know now. That doesn’t matter though, how did you know?” he nodded.

“I saw one of your friends in the woods the other days. Are all of your friends like that?”

Yeah,” he breathed, “And there’s more.” He ran a hand through his short hair.

“That’s so cool. Do you like being a werewolf or shifter, whatever you call it?” I asked, intrigued.

“I don’t have a choice, but yeah, most of the time. What about you?”

“Well you know, it has its perks.” I shrugged. Without lifting a finger I made the lights go out and come back on. Seth looked amazed, I was just relieved he wasn’t about to start a witch hunt, even though he was supernatural too. But believe me it’s happened before.

“There’s really just one thing that I don’t get. Why are you telling me all of this? I mean I don’t mind, at all, but why me?”

“Because of this.” Seth pulled me to him and kissed me gently. Several things happened at once my mind went blank, my heart raced and my blood heated. “What do you feel?”

I could feel my cheeks redden, my throat was dry. “I don’t know, I’ve never felt anything like it before.”

“It’s called imprint, in a way we’re soul mates.” He grinned, a sparkle in his eyes.

“I don’t understand.”

Seth took my hands, my skin tingling under his touch and explained twice what imprinting was and how it worked. “Why are you laughing?” He asked, looking a little hurt. I calmed myself before I talked, wiping away tears of laughter.

“I don’t think it’s funny, I think it’s cute. But, I’m sorry it was to be me.”

“Why are you sorry?” Seth asked, confused.

“There’s a lot I need to tell you if we’re soul mates, I’m not going to lie to you, and if what I tell you makes you head for the hills I’ll understand.”

“I won’t run, I can’t. I’m here for you, to protect you and love you. There’s no one else.”

I gushed at his statements this was way out of my state of my mind. I had heard of imprinting once before but had never thought of it happening to me. “Like forever?” I gulped.

“Forever, and what is so bad about that I would run away?” he asked smiling.

“Well for starters, if my parents ever find me they could possibly kill you. That’s why I think that this...” I said motioning to both of us, “...is kind of a bad thing. I couldn’t put you through that.” My eyes widened and I covered my mouth at the first few words I had said; I hadn’t meant for it to sound like that. I didn’t even want him to know my family existed. He grabbed my shoulders forcing me to look at him.

“Then we’ll deal with it when we come to it.”

“I just hope they don’t find me and as long as I keep my magic to a minimum, they won’t. They know I flew from Australia to America but they’ll think I’ll stay in the big cities where there are more people, they won’t ever look out here.”

“You ran away?”

“It was horrible living there, with them. They’re horrible Seth. But I can tell you some other time. For now I just want to sleep.” I rested my head on his shoulder and hoped he’d taken the hint, I didn’t want to talk about my past. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to him. I stared at the fireplace and shivered, although the heat radiating from Seth’s body was probably enough to warm a whole family. The wood lit up magically, the fire licking at the sparks dancing around it. It was like looking at the inside of my body into my heart. It used to be cold and empty but now thanks to Seth it was slowly filling with joy, hope and love.