20 // Grant

It's officially two and a half months of having Venice's company. It's insane to think that we've been friends for a while, but not long enough. But I hope it's long enough for a memory of her, in case we don't last.

I flicker my eyes towards her, and she happens to be glancing back. Her blue eyes crinkle as she briefly smiles before turning back to pay attention to our English teacher.

I don't know what I did to deserve a friend like her. But whatever I did, I hope I never stop.

•••

"I have your surprise."

"What?"

"You heard me."

She takes out a stuffed animal from her bag and hands it to me. I sit down next to her on my bed, observing the animal -- a giraffe.

"Man, you made it seem like it was something huge."

Her face falls, "You don't like it?"

My eyes widened, hugging the giraffe close to me, "No, no-- I love it... for Lillian."

I love it.

"Uh, sorry you didn't... like it," Venice fiddles with her thumbs, "I just thought-- I'll give you something else."

No, Ven, don't listen to my idiotic self.

"Venice," she looks at me when I gather myself together, "I do love it."

"But--"

"I was just trying to be manly."

Her expression goes from upset to confused to angry in a matter of seconds. She shoves me really hard, almost causing me to fall off, "You jerk!"

"Sorry."

Venice grumbles, "You better be."

______________________

Smh. Grant. You're just a big mess, aren't ya?

vote•comment

--thyselves