Chapter 7

This one was so much work. Thanks to my test readers for helping me with language, story and for inventing the best ship name in history, Kean (KarenxJean).

____________________________________

Chapter 7

"Karen ? Can I come in ?"
I heard Jeans voice from the other side of the door.
"Yes"
He entered and sat on the bed right next to me. "Well see who found his voice again."
"What is it ?"
"Stay up"
"What ?"
"Move yourself out of this bed."
"No"
"Cause if you don't I will get Mikasa and we will make you."
"I don't care."
He stood up, grabbed my hand and pulled me on my feet. He held my arms. " I can even get you up without Mikasa, do you think I would have been able to do this a week before ? " I didn't answer. Jean removed his hands from my arms and I stood. Or I tried to. I was to weak to stand and fell. He caught me.
"You've lost a lot of weight, Karen. The last time I caught you there were a lot more muscles."
"Shut up !" I tried to stand up again, but I still was to weak and he had to catch me again.
"When did you eat the last time ?"
I stayed silent.
"When Karen ?"
"I don't know", I whispered.
"How do you plan to fight when you can't even stand ?"
"I don't want to fight anymore."
"Why ?"
"I don't want to"
"Why ?"
"I have no reason too."
"Nate told me your reason was revenge for your father and the wish for freedom."
"That's right"
"So aren't they your reasons anymore."
"No"
"So, why don't you fight ?"
And then I started to cry again. I cried and screamed and Jean hugged me and hold me, because I was to weak. To weak to stand, to weak to fight, to weak to do anything but to cry.
"Do you want to cry till you drown in tears Karen ?"
"No"
He gave me a kiss on the forehead and I felt myself blushing horribly.
He sat me down on the bed and sat besides me. "Don't ever give up again, okay ? I couldn't handle it to see you suffer so horrible again."
And then I recognized the dark shadows under his eyes and hadn't he lost some weight too ?
"Jean ?"
"Yes ?"
"When did you sleep the last time."
"Yesterday"
"Don't lie"
"I don't know."
"Why ? Why don't you sleep ?"
"I'm just to worried about a certain gear head, " he poked at my forehead "that refuses to eat or to drink or to do anything but to sit in her bed all day."
I blushed. "You worry about me"
He threw his hands in the air. "Of course I worry about you, you damn idiot."
"Don't call me idiot !"
"But you are one !"
"I'm not !"
"He would you call yourself if you were me ?"
I didn't know the answer for that.
He hugged me again. "Don't do this again, okay ? Please you have to keep fighting. "
"Okay"
"I will get you some dinner now."
"Okay"
He gave me light kiss and before I could even react he was away.
I'm sorry Nate. I'm so sorry Jean. I let myself get consumed by the grief.
But I won't drown in tears anymore.
I will fight.