12 | repello

A/N

Thank you for your patience, this update had to be delayed because Miles Away is a priority. Anyway, I have a question-based on Draconian alone (and not the original series), Draco or Theo? I think it's pretty obvious who I prefer, but what about you?

x Noelle

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

1 2

r e p e l l o   ( m u g g l e t u m )

Repels muggles.

SOME TIME LATER, Hermione began to feel cold sitting on the floor. She was shivering and Draco got up, hauling her to her feet. They headed back into the bedroom and he drew the covers over her, ignoring her wide-eyed gaze and fell asleep in the armchair, careful to maintain his distance again.

Then morning came and he jolted awake. He casted muffling charms on her to keep her from awaking as he began to get ready for work. His eyes were tired and he was fucking exhausted, but he couldn't care less. When he was finally done, he lifted the charms and, on impulse, reached down to press his lips briefly against her forehead.

His stomach tightened when he caught a whiff of her scent and he briefly thought about what would happen if he let his sanity slip, if he let his lips gloss hers for a fleeting moment or two. But he shoved those thoughts aside firmly. "Thank you," he whispered against her skin, and pulled back.

He headed out of the room, shutting the door gently behind him and doing up the locking charms. He didn't notice the brown eyes slowly opening behind him, or the curious, satisfied smile, or the fingers that traced the forehead as she memorised the feel of his lips against her skin.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hermione couldn't help but feel rather anxious when Blaise knocked on the door at eight that morning. She was only just getting used to Pansy, but Blaise was a different matter altogether. She couldn't remember Blaise much, only knowing that he was one of Draco's friends who sneered at her a lot. But he hadn't actually gone out of his way to interact with her.

Blaise seemed to sense her discomfort when he entered and he quickly offered her a charming smile. "Hey, Hermione. Draco said you hadn't had breakfast so I saved some for you."

Hermione smiled faintly at the mention of Draco's name and thanked Blaise for the plate of chocolate-chip pancakes. "I-is Draco still outside?"

"No, he, Theo and Pansy had to go patrolling."

"Patrolling - ?"

"You know, for security purposes. The Dark Lord rules with a firm iron-clad fist, and he makes us Death-Eaters patrol different places everyday in search for any sort of rebellion or muggle-born wizards and witches," Blaise halted briefly as he caught Hermione's frightened expression. "Not you," he hastily assured her. "You're safe here, I promise."

Hermione bit her lip.

"I promise. Look, you're in the house of three of the most terrifying Death-Eaters and staying in the room of the head Death-Eater. In times like these, I don't think there's anywhere else safer than here."

Her lips curled in a semi-relieved smile and Blaise immediately felt at ease. He felt awkward having to tiptoe around Hermione, who was always known for her quick wits and fired remarks, but Pansy was right. This Hermione had been through a lot.