one.

Jungkook was what some people might call cliché.

Year after year in his life, separated from others around him. Scratching doodles onto blank paper as other people laughing together became his white noise. Distant from his family. Distant from his teachers. Distant from everyone.

Jungkook was an outsider.

And yet, even though he struggled so much with understanding and relating to people, he was still a very respected person. That is, after he left the school system. But what could a detached little boy like Jungkook be respected for? The answer would become clear to you if you saw what he could do with a pencil in between his fingers.

Jungkook was not just an outsider. He was also an artist.

In fact, he was actually semi-famous, and being semi-famous around here meant he made enough to live in a lovely condo in the city - something he never took for granted.

Not many people really knew his face, but many certainly knew his work. Sometimes he'd walk into local restaurants and find a painting of his hung proudly on the wall, and sometimes his server would even point it out to him. Yet none of them ever realized they were speaking to the artist.

The artist, Jeon Jungkook. They knew his name, but they did not know him.

It was like any normal, mundane Monday afternoon in the middle of summer when he felt like escaping the silence of his bedroom. Everything was perfect in his home except for how quiet it was all the time.

Straightening up his hair and clothes and rubbing his eyes, he'd left into the city, watching the buildings and the cars and the people as he walked. Things moved so quickly in the city, but he was usually able to keep up.

Within minutes, he found himself in front of a glass door, on a street that he knew very well. It belonged to a coffee shop that he often visited. This place was a good one for white noise. On days that his apartment got too quiet, he might spend several hours in the shop, sometimes sketching, sometimes just sipping his drink.

It was beautiful outside. He was sitting next to the window that day like he always did, staring out at the sunny streets with content eyes. Sitting alone felt so familiar to him, and he was satisfied with the warm drink in his hands, despite it still being summer.

Yes. Sitting here with only his thoughts and his coffee was just fine.

That notion was definitely the reason why he was so thrown off when someone decided to sit down in the seat across from him.

His head snapped to face the stranger, his eyes filled with a rare surprise.

The stranger looked close to his age, with soft brown hair that flopped over his forehead in endearing half-curls. His eyes were calm, matching nicely with his relaxed smile. It was almost like they knew each other, and Jungkook had just forgotten.

"Hi," he offered quietly, and his smile looked like it could make the springtime come.

Jungkook could only stare at him uncomfortably, not sure how to react. Did this guy know him?

"I thought you looked kinda lonely," the boy explained, looking down and wiping away a few stray crumbs left by who knows who.