Chapter 1

Igneel leads me down a wooded path as I sob my tiny heart out.
"Where's mama, where's my mummy" I cry. He turns and looks at me with a sad expression. He stays silent and continues to drag me down the path. I keep muttering under my breath, "mama, mama, mama,"

My eyes fly awake. I sit upright and scan my bedroom. It was just another dream. I flop my head back down on the pillow. What the hell is wrong with me. It's been thirteen years since mum died, I shouldn't be having these nightmares anymore.

I turn and look at the clock on my bedside table. My heart jolts violently. I've gone and overslept. I jump out of bed and look at my friends empty beds. I can't believe they just got up and left. They didn't think to  wake me up? As quickly as I can, I throw on my maid uniform and run out of the bedroom.

Why did I have to oversleep today. Today of all days. I run down the corridor, knocking into expensive furniture as I go.

"Shit shit shit shit" I murmur as I turn a corner. I burst into the main hall and all eyes turn on me. All the staff that work at the Dragneel mansion are here, and I can tell by the looks on their faces they're not impressed. I hold my head up and walk to join the rest of the maids, who are lined up and looking smart. My best friend Levy Mcgarden elbows me lightly in the side. I smirk slightly. Levy is as good as gold. One of our best maids. She's extremely small, with shortish wavy blue hair, pulled back by a headband.

Across the room, Igneel Dragneel is sat on a velvet sofa. I saw him plant his face in his hands when I stumbled in late. I'm sure he would have gotten rid of me years ago if it wasn't for the promise he made to my mother. He stands and clears his throat.

"Well you all know what special event is happening today. My two sons are coming back from England, after spending the last thirteen years in private academies. Training for the day they take over my company," He smiles proudly.

I sigh. He never stops talking about them. Zeref and Natsu Drageel. I bet they're snobs, especially after spending thirteen years in England at private schools.

The doors to the main hall swing open, and reveal two young men. The eldest was pale skinned and had jet black hair, and held his head up high.

"Snob" I whisper quietly. The shocked expression that covered Levy's face tells me she heard. The other man is completely different to the first. He was lightly tanned, and had pink hair. As he walked behind his brother, he placed his arms behind his head and slouched a little. They're complete opposites. They walk through the crowds of staff to greet their father. Seeing Igneel so happy makes me smile. A few minutes later, Igneel clears his throat yet again.

"Lucy Heartfilia, would you please step forward?"

Fuck.

What have I done wrong now? I squeeze through the crowds of people, and as I walk up to the Dragneel's I trip slightly on my own foot. Luckily I manage to regain my balance before I topple over. I hear Natsu snort, and I give him a stern glare.

"Lucy. Would you kindly show my sons to their rooms?" Igneel boomed.

I nod my head. "Yes sir." And with that, I turn and walk out of the room.

I can hear the boys footsteps behind me. I stand up straight and I suddenly become aware of my short skirt that is my maids uniform. Damn you Igneel, making us wear these skimpy outfits. I arrive at Zeref's room first, and I unlock the door. He walks straight in and closes the door in my face.

"Charming," I mutter.

I must have muttered louder than I thought, because I hear a chuckle from behind me. I turn to face Natsu, and he's grinning at me with amazingly white teeth. Oh this guy is a ladies man. I can tell.

"So hey, I'm Natsu, and what was your name again?"

I pout, not wanting to start a conversation.

"What my name is doesn't concern you, I'm just a maid. You don't need to know my name."

"Ooh we've got a feisty one here" Natsu smirks evilly, and to be honest it makes me slightly uncomfortable.

I look at the ground and say, "I'll show you to your room now." I turn and walk away, but to my surprise, he doesn't follow. "What are you-"

"I'm not moving until you tell me your name."

My mouth drops in shock.

"Really?"

"Really really."

His signature smirk gets bigger, and I sigh, "My name is Lucy Heartfilia. There are you happy now?"

Natsu nods, "Lucy Heartfilia. That's a pretty name."

I ignore him and keep walking, and to my relief he follows. As I lead him up the corridor, he starts talking again.

"Yunno, you stood out to me in that hall." He blurted out.

I look over my shoulder, raising an eyebrow.

"What I mean is, when I saw all the maids lined up, they looked perfectly neat and smart. Apart from you"

"What?" I turn to face him. "What are you trying to say about me buddy?"

He tuts and smirks again, "That's sir to you sweetie. And in the hall, you wouldn't stop moving around. And I heard you call my brother a snob."

"Oh come on, he walked down the hall like he was royalty, it was hilarious," I grin.

Natsu smiles down at me, and I suddenly become aware at how close we are. I take a step back and unlock a door.

"This is your bedroom. Sir." I made sure the sarcasm was obvious.

"Okay, thank you." He walks into his room. But before he closed the door, he looks at me dead in the eye and says, "I'll be seeing you around. Lucy Heartfilia."

He closes the door, and goosebumps start to form on my skin. Is this guy for real? I mean does he really think he can win me over? But why would he even want to. I'm just a maid. My heart sinks as i walk down the corridor, away from Natsus room.