Chapter 25

It was July and the preseason tour had just started. The team was in the US and Abril had gone with them. She now had to go with the team and staff to every single game since she was now the official assistant physician.

It was a normal Saturday in the lovely city of New York, and the team were training in the Yankee stadium because the next day was game day.

Since this was a friendly tour fans were allowed to watch the training and have some fun with the players.

Abril was currently talking to Keylor Navas about a slight discomfort in his lower calf. He was on the ground and Abril was feeling up his leg.

"Does it hurt when I squeeze it like this?" and she squeezed it.

"No." Keylor said, shaking his head.

"Well, then it's not pulled. You probably have a cramp." Abril said and pulled out a water bottle from her bag, "I want you to drink a lot of water."

He raised an eyebrow in confusion, "Some cramps are caused by dehydration so I want you to go back to the hotel and drink lots of water."

"Okay."

She stood up and pulled Keylor up, "I'll go tell Carlo and Juan."

As Abril went to tell them. She heard a lot of jeers and whistles aimed at Cristiano. "Really? Again, Cristiano?!"

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, but proceeded to tell Carlo and Juan about Keylor.

Twenty minutes later, the fans were still jeering and whistling at Cristiano every time he touched the ball. They kept yelling things at him, but he just brushed it off.

But Abril couldn't stand people heckling her boyfriend so she went over to Cris and put a hand on his shoulder, "What's their problem?"

"You don't know?" He asked kicking a ball toward the goal.

"What don't I know?"

"Nothing." Cristiano kicked another ball at the goal, but this time harder. Abril could tell he was mad just by the way he kicked the ball with such force.

"Cristiano, what. don't. I. know?" She repeated her voice evident with worry.

He kicked yet another ball, "Promise me you won't go online until I sort out this mess."

"What mess?"

"Promise me." Another ball.

"I won't promise anything."A whistle blew signaling training was over. "We're not done talking about this."

Cristiano left and walked back to the dressing rooms looking pissed. Abril had never seen him so mad before. What could possibly be affecting him so bad?

As the guys were in the dressing room showering, Abril got to the team bus and fetched her phone from her bag, but suddenly remembered she had left her phone in her room at the hotel. She sighed and leaned against the window.

She watched as fans were waiting the guys to pile out of the front doors. Most of them were holding out a Cristiano Ronaldo shirt. Some of those were girls and Abril couldn't help, but giggle at the fact that out of all the girls in the world Cris chose her to be his girlfriend. Those girls would be so jealous.

Abril didn't realize she had fallen asleep until she felt someone shake her awake. "You mind if I sit next to you?" It was Isco.

Abril looked around the bus to see all the seats taken except for one next to Cristiano, but no one dared sit next to him because just by the look on his face you could tell he would surely strangle anyone who sat next to him.